Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 3.8 5spd that is completley stock. i found a 1990 3.8 auto thunderbird with a roots type blower. any chance that blower will fit on my stang?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot. any help and suggestions are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
There is other supercharging options too, like vortech, Procharger, and stuff. Search forums for Used S/C's for 99-03's

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am aware of the other types of blowers and i'm leaning towards an ati procharger, but i can probably get this blower for free from my uncle's junkyard.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
just wait for V6powerstang's idea to come thru. he and someone else are working on a split port roots blower

·
Registered
941 Posts
Monkey said:
just wait for V6powerstang's idea to come thru. he and someone else are working on a split port roots blower
whoa, are you showing confidence in speedkillz's idea?? :shock:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
hahah yeah. ill show a lot more when you and install the do-hickey :headbang: :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm not really interested in a roots type blower but like i said i can probably get this one for free

·
Registered
8 Posts
this package will bring your 3.8 to an outstanging 4.2 just don't let the v8 guys know our secret :twisted: www.supersixmotorsports.com

·
Registered
47 Posts
2001 3.8 stock motor , dual exhaust, 11lb ati prcharger kit. 14.2 @95mph. $ 3800.00-$4000.00 to buy All items needed. 12-14 hrs to install. Is your 3.8 in good shape? Is the s/c motor gunna cost less to install and will it give you dollar for dollar the performance your looking for? this is my work car. the supercharger works great. Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks, but don't have the funds just yet. besides, i gonna beef up the internals before i add the s/c.

·
Registered
47 Posts
stangracer said:
thanks, but don't have the funds just yet. besides, i gonna beef up the internals before i add the s/c.
thats a great idea .Tom Morona at morona racing can help you out if you need ideas.

·
Registered
87 Posts
smokin6 said:
2001 3.8 stock motor , dual exhaust, 11lb ati prcharger kit. 14.2 @95mph. $ 3800.00-$4000.00 to buy All items needed. 12-14 hrs to install. Is your 3.8 in good shape? Is the s/c motor gunna cost less to install and will it give you dollar for dollar the performance your looking for? this is my work car. the supercharger works great. Good luck and have fun!
14.2 w/ the 11 psi? Is that kind of low? I'm asking out of ignorance. I thought an 11 psi would put someone in at least mid to high 13s. :-?

·
Registered
47 Posts
MaestroSC said:
smokin6 said:
14.2 w/ the 11 psi? Is that kind of low? I'm asking out of ignorance. I thought an 11 psi would put someone in at least mid to high 13s. :-?
the gear 3;45,auto trans and "safe tune chip has gotten me into High 13s........but to tell you the truth it was on 100 octane fuel and shifting at 6000rpm/ or until my valves floated. at 6000 rpm i can sometimes make 13-14lbs boost. Its my 60 ft with the 3:45 gear 2.1 thats killing my track time. Pro Charger advertises 13.5 with dual exhaust , 4;11 gear and a dyno tuned chip. I keep my tune on the mellow side for my daily driver!
I put up 14.2 cause i can run it all day long.....My 1 time best was 13.8 :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts