Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, So today I picked up my Procharger P1sc. I got it locally from a guy who bought it and never used it and needed $ to fix his SRT4. EVERYTHING is still new in packaging. The Oil box had never been opened and the head unit had not even had oil put in it. Everything else is sealed. Got it all for $2600. Now,
I know I need new fuel injectors. I found a set locally on CL for $150 (39lb ford racing injectors). I know I will have to buy the Adapters for these. I know I will need a new fuel pump. Do I buy and install a second one like they show in the install video on AM? or can I get away with just installing a SVT Focus 255lph fuel pump? Do I need to get a new MAF or can the one I have work? I don't remember hearing them say you needed a new one. Just need to know what I need to get together so I can get it all together.

current mods on the car:
BBK CAI
BBK 78mm TB/P
Mac Pro Chamber
Mac Catback
93 OCT tune from SCT

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

I am planning on having it tuned to run a mild tune and get around 400-430 hp

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
255 pump will get you to 390-400rwhp without a boost-a-pump. And get the 42lb injectors.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

And congrats! Welcome to the world of Centri blowers!! It's a blast. You will need some headers and 12 of boost to get you to the 415-430 range

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
255 pump will get you to 390-400rwhp without a boost-a-pump. And get the 42lb injectors.
Is 3# really that big of a difference? Do I also need high flow fuel rails?

Cody you need to pm me your phone # so we can text back and forth about this :)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason I was going to go with 39 was I can get some for 150...and apparently guy's are the only 94-04 mustangs with ev1's so I would have to buy the 34$ adapters

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I would get the Lincoln aviator fuel pump it flows at 285 + LPH , and I would run a BAP for safety, I would also upgrade the maf to a 90 mm , stock one pegs out at 360 hp, that being said you can use the stock maf and run diablo sport mafia interface unit it lets the sensor read the air intake differently, ( I would just get a new maf ), your fuel rails will be good and like Cody said LT's and at least 42lb injectors , I would upgrade the cai as well to a jlt or Anderson power pipe

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Pm sent. As said above the 42# injectors will be much easier for you to use and they will support more power. The aviator and focus pumps are almost identical. But feel free to text me anytime

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pm sent. As said above the 42# injectors will be much easier for you to use and they will support more power. The aviator and focus pumps are almost identical. But feel free to text me anytime
Ugh....more and more $ I don't have...can y'all help me find some of this stuff? Boost a pumps are 250ish? Injectors I dunno, 400ish new...fuel pump 1-200...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Search Craigslist people would most likely ship these to u beings they are smaller items and don't weigh much. Also have u checked any other forums like modded mustangs and corral ? I've found stuff cheaper over on those sites.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ugh....more and more $ I don't have...can y'all help me find some of this stuff? Boost a pumps are 250ish? Injectors I dunno, 400ish new...fuel pump 1-200...
You can find lightning 42 lbs for $100-175. I have focus pump for $100. I just put a 03 cobra system in so don't need it anymore. Try eBay or Craigslist that's where I get all my stuff for over half price. Good luck

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I've for a 255 pump with less than 1000 miles on it. Good for 400 at the wheels. I only took it out because I got a steal on a cobra hat and twin pump setup.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Too much to explain on phone.

Ah it just is, lots of reasons.

Basically the Bap can only queue so much fuel and once that queue is empty you're left with you pump lph.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

You can see it on Bap dyno sheets.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

It's a flutter at the end of the power curve.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Too much to explain on phone.

Ah it just is, lots of reasons.

Basically the Bap can only queue so much fuel and once that queue is empty you're left with you pump lph.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

You can see it on Bap dyno sheets.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

It's a flutter at the end of the power curve.
The BAP was supposedly designed to work with a stock fuel pump to " drive"it on the top end so you wouldn't run out of fuel, problem is that at wot the stock fuel pump is maxed out , you are right on it running out of fuel that is basically due to the fuel pump and not the BAP, the way it should work is have a fuel pump that puts out enough LPH to support your power level and use the BAP as a safety mechanism to ensure top end flow without any dips, for me it's a $250 peice of mind

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Agreed

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Luckily I got some dual cobra pumps for 200 I'm putting next week.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Those are 370 lph I think.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts