Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you guys think about putting stock cobra eaton supercharger on mach1? Would like to know if its a good idea with having stock pistons in car but will have Manley H beam rods

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Manual machs have forged internals so you can add FI on safe boost and you're engine will hold. The majority of people are going to say to stay away from the eaton heaton because of the total it will take you to get the whole kit and what not. Why not get like a different sc

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Venomouz831 said:
Manual machs have forged internals so you can add FI on safe boost and you're engine will hold. The majority of people are going to say to stay away from the eaton heaton because of the total it will take you to get the whole kit and what not. Why not get like a different sc
Mach 1s come with forged crank and that's it, same motor as the 01 cobra but with a different exhaust cam I think. I might be wrong bout can but I'm pretty sure on rotating assembly I know rods for sure arnt forged I just replaced mine with Manley H beam but kept stock pistons. And eaton supercharger I can find for under 3k anything else is bout 5-6k from what I see. I only want to boost about 9-10lbs. But if I'm wrong please correct me I'm new to the car stuff, bikes are my cup of tea lol :)

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Mxwilly387 said:
Mach 1s come with forged crank and that's it, same motor as the 01 cobra but with a different exhaust cam I think. I might be wrong bout can but I'm pretty sure on rotating assembly I know rods for sure arnt forged I just replaced mine with Manley H beam but kept stock pistons. And eaton supercharger I can find for under 3k anything else is bout 5-6k from what I see. I only want to boost about 9-10lbs. But if I'm wrong please correct me I'm new to the car stuff, bikes are my cup of tea lol :)
The Eaton isn't the greatest blower out there, it has a lot of heat soak and is just inefficient compared to all the aftermarket blowers. It isn't bad if you just feel like having a little boost, but the centrifugals as mentioned above would be a much better option

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JDF said:
The Eaton isn't the greatest blower out there, it has a lot of heat soak and is just inefficient compared to all the aftermarket blowers. It isn't bad if you just feel like having a little boost, but the centrifugals as mentioned above would be a much better option
How much so they run for the low end one. I'm not wanting much boost at all.

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
Mxwilly387 said:
How much so they run for the low end one. I'm not wanting much boost at all.
A vortech will run right around 3k for a base model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts