Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to sell my 00 v6 to my bro and now im on a quest for a new car. Im pretty sure i wanna go with another v6 and supercharge it (i sold my old one cause it was an auto). I was just wondering about how much should i expect to pay for the superchrger with install and is there anything else i need to get to prepare my engine for the power. Also how much horespower should i expect to get out of this. Thanks fur the help!

·
11,873 Posts
depends on what year car you buy.

YOu probably will end up paying about 3k for the supercharger and install and about 700-1000 for the necessary fuel upgrades. Atleast thats what I have seen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will definatly get a 99 or newer but most likely a 99 or 00

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
you should look for a slightly used blower. you can find them for easily $1500 or so. brand new is about $3000. fuel is also about 1000 based on pump, maf, tune, injectors, etc.

install would be about $500-750 would be my guess. but it can be done in a weekend easily. heck i think im moving back to either plano or arlington in may. maybe you and i and possibly someone else can tackle this and save you $500+

·
Registered
122 Posts
Personally I am a fan of the vortech blowers. Alot of guys run the prochargers with good numbers also so its really up to you.
No matter what blower you decide on make sure you get the proper accessories to get the most out of it.

42lb Injectors
300lph Ford fuel Pump
SCT Custom Chip
80mm Lightning MAF

Install for a complete blower kit around here in MD runs 300-450.00

1 - 5 of 5 Posts