Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Shud I buy a supercharger for my 02 gt. Or save a bit more, sell the gt, and buy a cobra? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
Cobra would save some work, but you'll have a good bit higher insurance with about the same power as a s/c gt. I'd vote supercharger mainly because I like building power, has the pride factor to it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
I love the terminators but they are expensive as hell. The cheapest one around here that I've seen is like 20k no lie. But they are SEXY! And if you want to mod your cobra, remember parts are more expensive and insurance is much higher.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,133 Posts
austinknoll said:
I love the terminators but they are expensive as hell. The cheapest one around here that I've seen is like 20k no lie. But they are SEXY! And if you want to mod your cobra, remember parts are more expensive and insurance is much higher.
Yea a little more expensive, but the power you can get out of a cobra is inane! Full exhaust, an intake will net you around 50 hp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
Venomouz831 said:
Yea a little more expensive, but the power you can get out of a cobra is inane! Full exhaust, an intake will net you around 50 hp
Add pulleys and a tune and make it another 50+
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,291 Posts
Well I got both a 98 cobra and 00 gt supercharged.....but if I had a choice I would say cobra they down right down mean as hell with the right exhaust esp the 03-04's
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,052 Posts
the investment of a supercharger will get you around 360rwhp~ or there about and the value of the car really wont go anywhere, you will end up losing money on the supercharger setup etc.

At least with a cobra you START at about 360rwhp and you retain more value in the car~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,204 Posts
I love the 03-04 Cobra!! I really love seeing them in my rear view mirror lol. I have a modded vortech setup on my 00 GT and I pull stock/lightly modded cobras all day long
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
CodyNelson said:
I love the 03-04 Cobra!! I really love seeing them in my rear view mirror lol. I have a modded vortech setup on my 00 GT and I pull stock/lightly modded cobras all day long
But once they actually do some serious modding you'll be the one in their rear mirror haha
 
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Top