Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were looking to purchase a procharger supercharger for my 11 sixer and only wanted to keep the HP to the wheels under 500 what exact forged interval parts would one need. What engine parts would someone have to buy in order for the 3.7 engine to handle around 450 HP too wheels and have that engine last 150 to 200k miles. Clearly the Gt500 engine was designed specifically by Ford to handle the supercharger and its HP.

I would assume that since Ford did not give our 3.7's a supercharger then the engine was not designed to last as long with a supercharger on it. So , what engine forged intervals would one need for the 3.7 to handle the supercharger with no added stress to shorten its life.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I were looking to purchase a procharger supercharger for my 11 sixer and only wanted to keep the HP to the wheels under 500 what exact forged interval parts would one need. What engine parts would someone have to buy in order for the 3.7 engine to handle around 450 HP too wheels and have that engine last 150 to 200k miles. Clearly the Gt500 engine was designed specifically by Ford to handle the supercharger and its HP.

I would assume that since Ford did not give our 3.7's a supercharger then the engine was not designed to last as long with a supercharger on it. So , what engine forged intervals would one need for the 3.7 to handle the supercharger with no added stress to shorten its life.
Good questions I am waiting fir the answers too !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I haven't heard of a failure on a tivct 6 with a standard pro charger kit yet. If you were serious and wanted to over build the project, you would want a fully forged rotating assembly, an arp head stud kit, and rebuilt heads with better valve seals and stronger springs. Increasing oil pan volume wouldn't hurt either. After that I would think you would have a healthy, long term engine. But i would wager that the stock engine would go a long ways as it is too.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
No one knows how well the engine handles boost over time yet. How are we supposed to know what is needed to make a boosted engine last 150k-200k miles, when I bet no one has even hit that mileage with these motors N/A yet?

All we do know is: CFM's motor is stock and taking a beating. Solobusa's engine supposedly made over 550whp with him beating it during autoxing before it slung a rod (his engine has never been seen, no dyno sheets either, so take it fwiw). I've also heard of one other guy with a boosted 3.7 that messed his up. Unfortunately, I do not know the details there or who.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't heard of a failure on a tivct 6 with a standard pro charger kit yet. If you were serious and wanted to over build the project, you would want a fully forged rotating assembly, an arp head stud kit, and rebuilt heads with better valve seals and stronger springs. Increasing oil pan volume wouldn't hurt either. After that I would think you would have a healthy, long term engine. But i would wager that the stock engine would go a long ways as it is too.
Thank you for your information. I have no idea on the cost factor to upgrading the engine to handle the supercharger. Perhaps an aftermarket supercharged car may never last till that kind of milage I was speaking of. So I take it the current 3.7 engine can take some level of boost that would not be harmful to the engine and its parts. Would 8 lbs of boost be a safe level to set it at having the factory motor with no forged intervals done to the engine?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
2011 Kona Blue said:
Thank you for your information. I have no idea on the cost factor to upgrading the engine to handle the supercharger. Perhaps an aftermarket supercharged car may never last till that kind of milage I was speaking of. So I take it the current 3.7 engine can take some level of boost that would not be harmful to the engine and its parts. Would 8 lbs of boost be a safe level to set it at having the factory motor with no forged intervals done to the engine?
I would say 6 lbs with a good tune should be safe. That should get you close to 400rwhp.

·
Banned
1,142 Posts

Call Procharger they could give you a better answer than just about anyone. They have built and tested their system for our 3.7L

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
6 pounds will not get you 400, it will get you about 350. I'm running 8.5 and making about 400 flat. For parts we have a forged crank and that's about it. So basically just get forged everything and you are set. MMR sells the full kit but you won't get away with just the rebuild for less than 5k and thats if you do it yourself. So your looking at about 12000 all said and done if you do the work

·
Registered
452 Posts
6 pounds will not get you 400, it will get you about 350. I'm running 8.5 and making about 400 flat. For parts we have a forged crank and that's about it. So basically just get forged everything and you are set. MMR sells the full kit but you won't get away with just the rebuild for less than 5k and thats if you do it yourself. So your looking at about 12000 all said and done if you do the work
i thought our stock engine could handle the procharger?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
It can up to 12 psi but that's pushing it and you won't make that with the stock one put of the box. The one in the box is about 6 psi which is a 4.11 or something. I have the 4. Next one down is a 3.85 making 10-11psi then Idk how small the next one is but it will make about 12.5 but 12psi is on the edge with a stock motor. The 3.85 is the smallest I will go until I build my motor

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

All those numbers are pulley sizes

1 - 20 of 43 Posts