Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have know alot about the roush and magnuson superchargers? I was wanting to go with the roush 575 sc but I've been reading about the magnuson TVS 2300 sc and I only see that it produces 120 hp and torque. It has the same kind of warranty. It's not ford warranty but they claim that 5000 for the engine and 1500 for both tranny and dif rear end. Just wante to know what your guys thoughts are on both scs

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I would do roush too, after some long research and calling every company and asking, everyone said ROUSH even over kenne bell.
I am pulling the trigger on a 625 hp kit in December. :)
I was about to go twin turbo but i am not planning on spending 8-10 k in internals and labor so why spend so much if i am not going to take it pass 600 hp.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was reading the 625 kit and it says it voids your factory warranty from rouses site. I was going for that kit but I'm going to stick to the 575 instead.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Anything other than ford racing kit installed at a dealer will void your drivetrain warranty

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lowflyn said:
Anything other than ford racing kit installed at a dealer will void your drivetrain warranty
Nope. All the roush kits besides the 625 will go with your factory drivetrain warranty

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
If im spend 6k on a supercharger i might as well just go big and get to the 625.
Remember that is not wheel hp, the 625 makes around 530-550 and the 575 makes less than 500 hp to the wheel.
Well but it all depends on the use u will be giving it, i dont care much for factory warranty because will all the cars i have had i never need anything that had to do with engine or drivetrain.
Either way they are all big boost in power.
Brenspeed had a roush kit for 650 hp and roush will be making a new kit in december or january that will make 700hp. But 700 is just pushing it by alot!!!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Bladezx said:
Nope. All the roush kits besides the 625 will go with your factory drivetrain warranty
Might want to read up on that. They have a reduced warranty

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lowflyn said:
Looked on roushes site for the 625 says has 3 year part warranty and voids factory drivetrain.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

lowflyn said:
I did on roushes site. Says 3 year part warranty and voids factory drivetrain.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

McQueen said:
If im spend 6k on a supercharger i might as well just go big and get to the 625.
Remember that is not wheel hp, the 625 makes around 530-550 and the 575 makes less than 500 hp to the wheel.
Well but it all depends on the use u will be giving it, i dont care much for factory warranty because will all the cars i have had i never need anything that had to do with engine or drivetrain.
Either way they are all big boost in power.
Brenspeed had a roush kit for 650 hp and roush will be making a new kit in december or january that will make 700hp. But 700 is just pushing it by alot!!!
The 575 kit I've seen on YouTube alone still gets you on low 11s

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Bladezx said:
Looked on roushes site for the 625 says has 3 year part warranty and voids factory drivetrain.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

I did on roushes site. Says 3 year part warranty and voids factory drivetrain.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

The 575 kit I've seen on YouTube alone still gets you on low 11s
Right, they warranty the sc for three years and void your drivetrain warranty.

Trust me, i've been rounds with ford corporate warranty...they find ways around everything. I couldn't even get them to honor a 12 month/12000 mile warranty even after the dealership admitted it was their fault. It's 100% only up to ford corporate.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Just read through their site. You can purchase a drivetrain warranty to replace your voided warranty with the 525hp kit.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yea but 6+ k just for low 11 is not worth it in my book, people get there with just basic bolt ons. If i spend that money i want to be low 10 and if possible with some supporting mods even high 9's. why go half way??

If you know somebody in the dealer you should have no problem getting parts under warranty, it is all about who u know.

·
Registered
517 Posts
McQueen said:
Yea but 6+ k just for low 11 is not worth it in my book, people get there with just basic bolt ons. If i spend that money i want to be low 10 and if possible with some supporting mods even high 9's. why go half way??

If you know somebody in the dealer you should have no problem getting parts under warranty, it is all about who u know.
Not disputing here, but really want to know... What bolt-ons? That is 1.5 seconds off the quarter mile, pretty significant.

·
Registered
412 Posts
SolidRRaxle said:
Not disputing here, but really want to know... What bolt-ons? That is 1.5 seconds off the quarter mile, pretty significant.
Solid tune
Off road mid
Some weight reduction-nothing major
Sticky tires
Matching gear/tire size respectively
Most are using boss intake
Many are running mid to high 11s and trapping around 119-122; kdanner hit 126

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Woodga16 said:
Solid tune
Off road mid
Sticky tires
Yea in youtube you see alot of N/A cars running solid 11, there is one running 9's lol, but it is an all out drag car.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Woodga16 said:
Solid tune
Off road mid
Sticky tires
Headers too

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
McQueen said:
That's what i'm trying to tell you, the dealership no longer has control over warranty claims. Every single claim has to go through ford corporate unless the dealer decides to eat the loss.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts