Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
into the near future im thinking of supercharging my 05 gt...

What upgrades should i install with the supercharger? I know i will want a new clucth... what else would i need... Also, how will this affect my mpg because the car is used daily...

·
Registered
433 Posts
youll want injectors, fuel lines, fuel rails, pumps, forged pistons/rods/crank, tune. thats just the bear minimum. if your looking for power its gonna cost you. what kinda blower you lookin at getting?

·
Banned
510 Posts
Sppankyy said:

What upgrades should i install with the supercharger? I know i will want a new clucth... what else would i need... Also, how will this affect my mpg because the car is used daily...
Normally the kits come pretty complete it seems. But yea a clutch would be good. And probably some erection suppressant lol

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Normally the kits come pretty complete it seems. But yea a clutch would be good. And probably some erection suppressant lol
That would be a camaro, right?:banana:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Of course, all that power is useless if you can't put it to the ground. I'd start with suspension upgrades (if you haven't already done them) like rear UCA/LCA, Panhard bar if you're lowering more that 1-1/2"; then a short shifter, yada, yada, yada. Oh yeah, modding is not for the faint of heart or for those with shallow pockets! Seriously though, IMHO,make a plan for what you want the car to do (street/strip, autocross, etc.), start with the right suspension and go on from there.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Usually a SC kit includes all the necessary stuff to install and upgrade the air fuel system. You need better tires first of all because the stockers cant handle the power and won't stick. I also did control arms, springs, relocation brackets for the control arms, adjustable shocks and on and on but you don't need all that. I do recommend control arms and springs, the stock control arm bushings will wear out with a blower. You don't need a a forged bottom end (yet) as long as you stay at low boost (6-10 psi). I have been running 9 psi @ ~500whp for almost 4 years and 60K+ miles and am still on the stock bottom end. Self control is a must :D
As far as gas milage I get about 15 in the city and up to 21 hyw

HTH :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
05bluestang said:
Usually a SC kit includes all the necessary stuff to install and upgrade the air fuel system. You need better tires first of all because the stockers cant handle the power and won't stick. I also did control arms, springs, relocation brackets for the control arms, adjustable shocks and on and on but you don't need all that. I do recommend control arms and springs, the stock control arm bushings will wear out with a blower. You don't need a a forged bottom end (yet) as long as you stay at low boost (6-10 psi). I have been running 9 psi @ ~500whp for almost 4 years and 60K+ miles and am still on the stock bottom end. Self control is a must :D
As far as gas milage I get about 15 in the city and up to 21 hyw

HTH :)
Wow. Im getting 16.2 city no super charger haha. Maybe i just have a heavy foot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts