Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so bear with me because this is my very first post on this forum. I was curious if anyone has ever looked into the build your own turbo kits on eBay.com
As of right now fastwayracer.com has their custom kits on eBay.com right now and you can buy them on either website for only $800 for the cheapest one
My question is, is it worth it since you can run a better turbo off this custom kit.
Or would it make more sense to go with the eaton m112 supercharger, The only problem with this is the adapter plate itself cost $800
So I'm just curious of people's opinions on these, and if they knew even better deals.
And before you ask, in my picture the green Mustang is a completely stock V6 to the bone, the supercharger/turbo will go in the black mustang that is built up, not the green one

Thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Low quality kits, stay away from any 800 turbo kit. Unfortunately if you want to go with forced induction on your mustang you have no choice but to spend a couple thousand bucks.

Procharger or Eaton m112, thats the direction you should go. I dont know of any quality turbo kits for the 3.8, but im sure someone here may. In any case its going to cost a good bit.

And welcome to the site.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Low quality kits, stay away from any 800 turbo kit. Unfortunately if you want to go with forced induction on your mustang you have no choice but to spend a couple thousand bucks.

Procharger or Eaton m112, thats the direction you should go. I dont know of any quality turbo kits for the 3.8, but im sure someone here may. In any case its going to cost a good bit.

And welcome to the site.
I agree with Project Pony 100%. Ever heard the phrase, "You get what you pay for?" Well this is especially true when it comes to modding your car. There are no current turbo kits for our 3.8 or 3.9s that I know of. Supercharging is the way to go. I mean after all, who doesn't love a supercharged v6?!?!

·
Registered
114 Posts
tmaturbo.com makes turbo kits for our cars. i actually have a kit im going to be selling that is brand new from him, pricey though just fyi.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot guys, next thing is has anyone found the adapter plate for the eaton m112 for less than 800, it seems like I will pay as much for that as all the other parts put together, up here in ohio I can buy m112's all day for 150 and all the other parts like the throttle body come up less than this one part to adapt it to our v6's

·
Registered
37 Posts
A turbo kit is a great way to go, Andy at tmaturbo.com is great and builds quality kits. They are pricey but well worth it, completely custom made.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Thanks alot guys, next thing is has anyone found the adapter plate for the eaton m112 for less than 800, it seems like I will pay as much for that as all the other parts put together, up here in ohio I can buy m112's all day for 150 and all the other parts like the throttle body come up less than this one part to adapt it to our v6's
you can make one.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks crownd, by chance do you have a diagram or have you done this personally, from what I've seen it looks like the top side(attachs to the m112) has built in bolts where you would fit it then snug up nuts
Then the bottom just has holes to connect to the existing block, does this sound about right

·
Registered
114 Posts
yah, the coatings themselves were around 800 bucks. but wanted it to look nice on the i/c pipes and hold the heat in on the hot pipes. exhaust housing and pre exh. housing needs some paint because the swain tech white lightning is, well, white lol

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts