Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a supercharger for 300$. It's 23lbs of boost. (300-500hp gain). How difficult is an installation for something like this?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I found a supercharger for 300$. It's 23lbs of boost. (300-500hp gain). How difficult is an installation for something like this?
What type of supercharger... And please don't tell me it's from a supercoupe because it won't be a direct bolt on like all the scammers claim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type of supercharger... And please don't tell me it's from a supercoupe because it won't be a direct bolt on like all the scammers claim
Not one of those. Ha. Can't find it now. (Craigslist) So I don't know the brand.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

I was also trying to find out if I need to do a lug conversion?

·
Registered
292 Posts
How does lbs convert to psi?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
ok so OP um...is that the current owner having it push 23lbs of boost (which by the way is alot for some superchargers)....or what? i'm a bit confused...if you can find the link let me know

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't trust a supercharger for that cheap off craigslist... Is it the entire kit or just the blower itself?
Just the unit. Not the kit.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

ok so OP um...is that the current owner having it push 23lbs of boost (which by the way is alot for some superchargers)....or what? i'm a bit confused...if you can find the link let me know
No. They are running 17 lbs. but it can go up to 23lbs of boost

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
lol i think first you might want to research supercharger lingo because i think you're getting terms confused...lets forget the 5 lug swap for now ok...i know guys pushing mor hp then needed with 4 lug foxes.

what you need to decide is what you want out of the car and your budget..also how will it be installed...if you're doing the work...what's your tech level? do you want a centri style or a roots?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol i think first you might want to research supercharger lingo because i think you're getting terms confused...lets forget the 5 lug swap for now ok...i know guys pushing mor hp then needed with 4 lug foxes.

what you need to decide is what you want out of the car and your budget..also how will it be installed...if you're doing the work...what's your tech level? do you want a centri style or a roots?
Okay. Well I had no idea for lug swap. Ha. Idk. I need to research it and how much my motor can handle. How much of an effect does mileage have on your performance or potential?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
depending on how well your engines been taken care of it could blow at stock power being that old or could handle a good bit more abuse...i'd start with a teardown and see how the condition of everything is.

that fox has a single port 3.8 i think...but i'm not sure if it's the same 3.8 they used for the sn95's...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
depending on how well your engines been taken care of it could blow at stock power being that old or could handle a good bit more abuse...i'd start with a teardown and see how the condition of everything is.

that fox has a single port 3.8 i think...but i'm not sure if it's the same 3.8 they used for the sn95's...
The engine layouts in sn95s are a little different. It's got under 8,000 miles on it. Engine was rebuilt.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
kinda cramped...gonna need to do some good relocation work to fit in a centri style.

have you thought about picking up a 302 and building it on the side for a swap?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kinda cramped...gonna need to do some good relocation work to fit in a centri style.

have you thought about picking up a 302 and building it on the side for a swap?
My gramps was telling me he has it all setup for the swap, suspension n all. But even though its my car, my parents won't let me. I also want to do a tranny swap. 5 spd.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
so just drive the car and enjoy it till you're an adult...save up your money then come 18 you can either A) take the savings and build the car B) buy another car with a better platform

slap some wheels and a decent exhaust on it in the meantime and you'll be held over :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts