Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it worth supercharging a v6 instead of trading it in for 5.0. the only reason why I am considering is because of mpg and insurance rates. what do y'all think? a supercharged v6 would smoke a 5.0 also I believe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Personally i would trade it in.. a supercharfer simply wont make the power to smoke a modded 5.0 if youre looking for big power for your v6 look into the turbo kit from hellion. I believe they have twins for the v6. Thats just my personal opinion. I know a guy who got a turbo kit and made low 500's with 18psi... thats pretty damn good for a v6

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanna keep my good mpg and low insurance rates tho. supercharger plus install plus prep would be around $10k right? if I bought my 2013 premium for 25k olus the supercharger that would be as much as a new premium gt but a little faster?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I wanna keep my good mpg and low insurance rates tho. supercharger plus install plus prep would be around $10k right? if I bought my 2013 premium for 25k olus the supercharger that would be as much as a new premium gt but a little faster?
Porcharger 5500
Gears plus install kit 250
Driveshaft 600
Tires and rims 2k
Install 2k

Output 450-460HP

Faster than his 5.0 and pulls faster and harder due to the gears.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
Porcharger 5500
Driveshaft 600
Tires and rims 2k
Install 2k

Output 450-460HP

Tires and rims can be cut. And gears. Turbo is better in the long run, and will not affect your mpg, while a super charger will hurt mpg. But, turbo will cost more to instal. I would suggest turbo first, but super is not bad.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Tires and rims can be cut. And gears. Turbo is better in the long run, and will not affect your mpg, while a super charger will hurt mpg. But, turbo will cost more to instal. I would suggest turbo first, but super is not bad.
Tires r needed. U expect traction with gay stock 225 tires? I dont think so.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have gears and am getting new wheels so no problem with that. is turbo really better than supercharger? I thought it was the other way arounf

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
which one would u recommend? I have an auto if that makes a difference.
Depends if ur car exhaust is stock im talking about the headers ? If its stock go with Turbo. Yes it costs more but u will see greater gains from it. If u want exhaust then go with Procharger since u can buy headers n xpipe from BBK, Borla, or Even Bassani

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
For those who think that their insurance won't go up, guess again. First your insurance company will ask about any ad-ons. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY STUPID, FINE, DON'T TELL THEM. THEY HAVE BEEN AT BUSINESS A LONG TIME. FAILURE OR STUPIDITY TO HIDE THIS FROM THE INSURANCE COMPANY, IT WON'T BE COVERED IF YOUR IN AN ACCIDENT.

I added the FRHP package to my car, after I drove it off the lot. Even though I could have ordered it on a car, I still got charged a couple of bucks more, because the car was lowered 1" inch. I also got quized about all the options on the car.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
If you expect mods to be covered, yes. Insurance company will only cover oem parts otherwise.

Basically you get a rider to cover $x amount of aftermarket parts and pay a higher premium.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Put it in yourself

·
Lorraine's driver
7,754 Posts
Porcharger 5500
Driveshaft 600
Tires and rims 2k
Install 2k

Output 450-460HP

^Don't know if that is a better idea. You'll have to have a good tune. You'll have more maintenance costs involved with the FI compared to a 5.0. Plus, it won't say 5.0 on the side.;) It would be ridiculous to put all that money in it as opposed to just trading it in for a 5.0. Besides, it won't get as good gas mileage as stock or just tuned because you'll have your foot in it all the time.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not very mechanically inclined. I know the basics like exhaust cai and maybe headers with directions. lol. I wouldn't do a turbo or supercharger.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah gotcha. I have a few friends who pretty good with cars. ill probably do that. thanks. I'm still deciding on whether or not to supercharge it or trade it in for a 5.0

1 - 20 of 52 Posts