Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 mustang gt and I was wondering what's the best Ford Racing supercharger that I should get, but not overly expensive?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just out of curiosity if that's they style of supercharger you are wanting why not get the roush?
I have a 15% coupon on anything ford racing so ill get basically $1,000 off so it should be a good deal! But If I didn't have that I would go with the Roush...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm almost positive Roush and FRPP use the same blower, I'd say get the Mammoth, but that 4.0 liter blower is a huge heat sink, look into Hellions turbo set up or even the Vortech blowers, they seem to be good.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I'm not sure, I was thinking of getting the 2.9 whipple
In my research i found that the 2.3 is wayyy more efficient than a bigger blower unless you built an engine and go BIG. Vmp tuning is getting 800whp+ from the roush 2.3. If your concern is that you want to go big in the future with building an engine and the blower will hold u back then get a centri SC and you will run out of engine before you run out of SC as they can support 1000whp+

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have a 2011 mustang gt and I was wondering what's the best Ford Racing supercharger that I should get, but not overly expensive?
Roush make a supercharger that doesn't void the warranty now I heard. Either do that or go with a Kenny bell

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
In my research i found that the 2.3 is wayyy more efficient than a bigger blower unless you built an engine and go BIG. Vmp tuning is getting 800whp+ from the roush 2.3. If your concern is that you want to go big in the future with building an engine and the blower will hold u back then get a centri SC and you will run out of engine before you run out of SC as they can support 1000whp+
Yea there is a range of efficiency depending on the blower you're using.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Roush make a supercharger that doesn't void the warranty now I heard. Either do that or go with a Kenny bell
Roushes have always had warranty as far as I know. Every sc has warranty but roushes covers drivetrain to. Just spoke to my service advisor about it cause I was concerned about my extended warranty being voided and he said no it won't void that and it will go along with it as long as a ford tech installs it

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Bladezx said:
Roushes have always had warranty as far as I know. Every sc has warranty but roushes covers drivetrain to. Just spoke to my service advisor about it cause I was concerned about my extended warranty being voided and he said no it won't void that and it will go along with it as long as a ford tech installs it
Get that in writing...

The way it works is you have to purchase the setup and have it installed by an authorized dealership. You run their tune and must purchase a seperate warranty. It covers your drivetrain for the remainder of the initial 3/36 factory warranty.

The warranty is not through ford, it is through ford racing, an entirely different entity. You must deal with ford racing service advisors in the event of any problems

·
Registered
297 Posts
lowflyn said:
Get that in writing...

The way it works is you have to purchase the setup and have it installed by an authorized dealership. You run their tune and must purchase a seperate warranty. It covers your drivetrain for the remainder of the initial 3/36 factory warranty.

The warranty is not through ford, it is through ford racing, an entirely different entity. You must deal with ford racing service advisors in the event of any problems
I'm thinking of getting the procal from FRPP until i buy a roush. So since I would go from factory warranty to FRPP, would i be eligible for the roush drivetrain warranty?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Joyride said:
I'm thinking of getting the procal from FRPP until i buy a roush. So since I would go from factory warranty to FRPP, would i be eligible for the roush drivetrain warranty?
I would highly suggest calling and speaking with a representative from Roush. I will assume they do not have a greater warranty than ford racing.

Do not believe anything a service advisor at your local dealership may tell you. Anything other than a minor repair is not decided in house. They have to wait for a rep from ford/frpp/roush to make the decision for them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Check out the Procharger I-1,, Sounds like a bad as charger, when they come out with it in early 2013.. Auto ratio!! You can change the settings from inside the car... 3 different settings... nd no lag at low RPM'S!! Check it out!! I'm getting it!!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Tominkc said:
Check out the Procharger I-1,, Sounds like a bad as charger, when they come out with it in early 2013.. Auto ratio!! You can change the settings from inside the car... 3 different settings... nd no lag at low RPM'S!! Check it out!! I'm getting it!!
Do you have a link, or know a site.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Did they ever name a price for it? I think people were guessing 10-12.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts