Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced some suspension parts on my 02 GT and I am curious about suspension geometry. I was hoping someone on here could give me a run down on what suspension geomtry is and how to maintain an ideal suspension geometry, specifically how it applies to 99-04 Mustangs.

Any experts out there? Thanks in advance! :hide:

·
ME Bloodhound
14,700 Posts
Depends on the part.

Front A arms should be parallel to the ground.
RLCAs should have the section closer to the front a tad higher than the section of the rear.

Then you can deal with caster/camber, panhard bar etc...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is an article that talks about some of the common problems with the suspension geometry.
Improving Mustang Front Suspension Geometry with Maximum Motorsports

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Wow, great read! Very thorough and detailed.

Depends on the part.

Front A arms should be parallel to the ground.
RLCAs should have the section closer to the front a tad higher than the section of the rear.

Then you can deal with caster/camber, panhard bar etc...
I guess I was mostly concerned with the Front A arms being parallel to the ground, as that is the problem I am running into. The article Stray posted seems to provide a lot of the answers, from one (Maximum Motorsports) perspective/approach at least.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That explains it! I was looking for a Mustang recently and noticed that the ball joints were replaced after less than 20K on the new ones installed when it was lowered, I looked at the suspension but didn't really see the important thing, glad I passed on it now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts