Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 mustang gt and my suspension is holding me back. Need ideas on what I should get and what's not worth the money. Coil over kit? I do need a drop in ride hight though. And a stiffer ride.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
What are your goals? Drag/autox/road course?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
In that case lower and stiffer is not what you want...

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
For a good drag transfer you want the suspension to transfer weight to the rear for traction.
The best way to do this and keep it streetable is adjustable shocks and struts and a quality set of control arms.
Springs can go either way and I know you want to go lower but just remember that shortens the amount of travel you can use to transfer weight.
I like the lowered look and my car tucks the tires when launching because I wanted it lowered. Just not the optimum setup

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Good that will help you alot. To tell you the truth I had my previous stang set up for auto x and used the same stuff for drag racing and got me good times. You can do gears as well

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I had coilovers all around, rear control arms, sway bars, gears, k member, cc plates, exhaust, intake, tb, 305 Hoosier dr's and some weight reduction like no rear seats and lightweight sparco racing seats and light cowl hood

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
What would u suggest?
cut your springs....it is a great drag spring thanks to how well the stockers transfer weight....just cut a coil all the way around you'll have a car that sits nice, but better yet launches nice. also look into drag bags for the rear :good:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts