Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got my parts in and was curious if anyone had ant specific tips or things I need to look out for during the install.

BMR: panhard bar, panhard support bar, a-arm support brace

Roush: rear springs 1/2in drop

·
Registered
582 Posts
Don't put jack stands on the axle, put them on the frame of the car. Use a jack to support the axle because you might need to move it around.
I'd do the control arms and panhard before the springs, definitely don't take it all out at once.
Set the panhard to stock length. When you're done, put the car on the ground, measure each side and adjust the bar as needed. Measure again after driving a while in case anything settled more.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have access to a lift so I'll be using that. OK so LCA's and panhard bar first then springs.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Also there shouldn't be any need for an alignment right? Since there is no real change in any adjustments?

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Is that an adjustable panhard bar? If not you should be fine but it if is set it to the length of the stock bar once you get it out and adjust again if needed.

You shouldn't need an alignment from a shop but with the lowering springs the new LCA's will probably not be positioned correctly. It might be wise to pick up a set of relocation brackets to correct the geometry.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bmr and American muscle said the roush springs are only a 1/3 to 3/4 inch drop and should not really need the relocation brackets and yes the panhard bar is adjustable. The drivers side pokes out a bit sitting stock on staggered wheels.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The relocation brackets are a great mod even if you don't need them. They will correct the geometry change and give you more forward grip.

You can't really change the alignment on the rear wheels, so its only necessary if you change the front.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK good to know. I may grab them later an put them on the next time I get a chance cell to put it on a lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts