Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I order the suspension for my '11 GT, do the bolts etc. come with the new parts? If not, where can I get them other than a Ford dealership? I'll be ordering from AM, but I read on FRPP site suspension bolts are one time use only a/c they're TTY. This are the parts I think I'm going with:
Eibach Pro-System-Plus
MM caster camber plates
Steeda bumpsteer kit
Steeda X11 ball joint kit
Whiteline rear LCA'S
Whiteline LCA relo brackets
Whiteline rear UCA with mount

In addition I got two kits of strut to spindle mounting hardware from maximum motorsports.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Just wondering why your using camber plates for the pro system? I have sporlines and regular camber bolts and have never had a problem getting it aligned and it staying aligned. Taken several 1-4hr road trips with the car lowered as well

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read somewhere I'd be better off with plates. The package is not written in stone yet. If enough users recommend just the bolts, I could use the savings. Nothing like getting advice from the people that have actually have gone the way I'm getting ready to take. :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Ya I have herd they loosen up but I've put probably 1k miles on my car sense lowering and nothing wrong so far. Also I was skeptical about the drop of the sporlines but as long as you don't go balls out over speed bumps you never drag plus I have the front spoiler.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Some people claim with the pro kit you don't even need the bolts. So I'd say just buy the bolts and if they don't need them then.. well you have bolts haha

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Just wondering why your using camber plates for the pro system? I have sporlines and regular camber bolts and have never had a problem getting it aligned and it staying aligned. Taken several 1-4hr road trips with the car lowered as well
The bolts can shift out of alignment or possibly snap under heavy driving conditions. So driving some really twisty roads or an autocross event or what have you.

Honestly for the extram money to not have to get them realigned is worth it IMHO.

Then again I am getting them because my drop is going to be hella low.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have driven 10 laps around a road track with 0 problems them drove 1hr to get home. I mean I have herd that to but just from personal experience they work great. Also got a friend with H&R SS and the bolts he also has no problems.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I have driven 10 laps around a road track with 0 problems them drove 1hr to get home. I mean I have herd that to but just from personal experience they work great. Also got a friend with H&R SS and the bolts he also has no problems.
I am not saying you will, but since my car is my DD and I personally would rather play it safe. 100% worth it for the piece of mind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts