LCAs
Rear U&L control arms
• Rust busted and painted LCAs
• Rust busted and painted rear control arms
• New hardware all around
• Multiple trips to Ace, Harbor Freight, and Sears
• Busted knuckles
• Good times!!!

Ready for autocross next Saturday. I need to get it aligned but it's sitting sitting well. Next, drivetrain upgrades and more power...

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thats a good plan. Id get the bump steer gauge when putting on the kit. JUst get a full alignment afterwards.

Also done the road look into a Panhard Bar and Full Legnth subframe connectors too.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a good plan. Id get the bump steer gauge when putting on the kit. JUst get a full alignment afterwards.

Also done the road look into a Panhard Bar and Full Legnth subframe connectors too.
Just my 2 cents.
It's done. Getting aligned tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Are those the weld-in frame strengthens? I heard good things. Apparently SN95's straighten up a lot with them.

·
Registered
537 Posts
It's done. Getting aligned tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Are those the weld-in frame strengthens? I heard good things. Apparently SN95's straighten up a lot with them.
Yes subframe connectors are the way to go. I got mine fully welded in 8 yrs ago.
And is the best mod u can do to eliminate chassis flex under load.

Here is a pic of mine.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Also a good set of rear lower control arms like Maxi Mo will make ur car launch better and reduce wheel hop issues. Leave the UCAs stock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes subframe connectors are the way to go. I got mine fully welded in 8 yrs ago.
And is the best mod u can do to eliminate chassis flex under load.

Here is a pic of mine.
Nice! I'm impressed about how clean your undercarriage looks. I went through a box of shop towels and 3 cans of brake clean and 2 cans of engine degreaser cleaning off the road grime. Looks better now. I used urethane spray paint for the LCA. Made it looked like a refurb (I guess it is really now).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not sure how long KYBs will hold up to AutoX though. What springs r u using.
H & Rs Super Sports.

At some point I'm going to do a full coil over upgrade. Probably when these shocks/struts bite the dust. At least it will ride and handle better than new and certainly better than 16 yr old factories that have 75k miles on them.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Nice little lost if upgrades there. Little 2nd Christmas with the tax return? Lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
H & Rs Super Sports.

At some point I'm going to do a full coil over upgrade. Probably when these shocks/struts bite the dust. At least it will ride and handle better than new and certainly better than 16 yr old factories that have 75k miles on them.
Im gonna throw my panhard bar on after axle rebuild.:headbang:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice little lost if upgrades there. Little 2nd Christmas with the tax return? Lol
Yeah it was some. No not a tax return. Just finished remodeling the house for my wife so now I get to play. Plus graduating from MBA in May so I figure what the hell.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Im gonna throw my panhard bar on after axle rebuild.:headbang:
Sweet. What brand? That's some serious race equipment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts