Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have an issue I want to fix but not sure exactly what would fix it, heres my problem...

When Im doing some "spirited" driving and Im going around a curve or turn and then hit a bump, it feels like the front end has a mind of its own. Does this make sense? Its pretty annoying because I feel like I could loose control, I know I wont but it has a weird feel to it. I do plan on upgrading my shocks and struts but I have some other things I need to take care of first. I was going to do the Koni orange or the Eibachs but Im afraid they will be too soft...is this a strut issue anyway?

K

·
0 Posts
How are your tires? Alignment? Have you lifted the front end and tried to move the front wheels up and down - side to side? IF there is alot of play, it may be tie rod ends or ball joints. I had that issue on my old 3000GT. Someone else may have other suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are your tires? Alignment? Have you lifted the front end and tried to move the front wheels up and down - side to side? IF there is alot of play, it may be tie rod ends or ball joints. I had that issue on my old 3000GT. Someone else may have other suggestions.
Everything else is good. I only have 12000 miles on the car. I dont mean to make it sound like its a super bad issue. I just find it more annoying than anything else.

K

·
0 Posts
Very rarely this happens to me. But if you hit big pot holes a lot and such, it wouldn't be bad to lift up the front wheels and check for play.

K

·
0 Posts
As in if you hit a pot hole or bump, the tires want to follow along with it, no matter how hard you hold the steering wheel in place?

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As in if you hit a pot hole or bump, the tires want to follow along with it, no matter how hard you hold the steering wheel in place?
Yeah pretty much like that. If I see something as Im making a turn I feel myself almost grabbing the wheel a little harder.

K

·
0 Posts
Same issue I had with my old Mitsu. I guess if you ever get bored, you could always check the wheels for play. That would be my only suggestion if your alignment is correct.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hello OP,

I would check the bushings on the front lower control arms. They may have failed (common problem).

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Registered
151 Posts
Are you certain the movement is from the front and not the rear axle movement when it travels over the bump?

2014 Deep Impact Blue V6

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello OP,

I would check the bushings on the front lower control arms. They may have failed (common problem).

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks. I guess it cant hurt to have them checked.
Are you certain the movement is from the front and not the rear axle movement when it travels over the bump?

2014 Deep Impact Blue V6
No its the front for sure.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Just sounds like a soft suspension to me. Hitting a bump on a curve naturally throws the car a bit because the tires leave the ground slightly. Like my old soft riding Mercury Grand Marquis.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Upgrade your sway bar.. whiteline FTW!

·
Registered
119 Posts
You need a bump steer kit. Pretty cheap fix

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump steer kit, this is the solution!! I've been reading some reviews on this and some of the things people describe in the reviews are the same problems I'm having.

·
Registered
765 Posts
As previously stated a bump steer kit will fix 90% of this. You'll still get it time to time on bigger bumps though.

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts