Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting 18's soon and i dont know wat springs to get and how low to go. im debating between H&R, ground control, and eibach springs. im prolly gonna put 275/40/18 so wat u think will be the best and wont rub.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have always liked the ride of H&R's I would not go too extreme with the race springs and 18's but I would go with the sport spings in your case! :woot:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well on most of their spring come in 3 diffrent types.
1. OE - just about stock height but tighter ride.

2. Sport - lowers usually 1-2 inches. good ride not to harsh..

3. Race - lowers 2-3 inches. very hard but best handling...

Each car is diffrent and then may not have 3 types for each model car. ride height varies too. That was just a example I gave you.. :thumbs2:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I would stay away from any spring that goes beyond 2" drop unless you want a show car and are not going to drive it much on the road. A 1.5 drop is a nice drop and will not scrub your tires or scrub the bottom of the car with every bump you come up to. Also if you are going to drop you should consider changing the Shocks and Struts that will perform better with new springs.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
C springs will give you about 1.25 even cutting the coil i believe

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
progressive rate springs suck IMO. I dont like having to really push the car to get into the good spring rates, id rather them there at all times.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Depends what your progressive rates are ;) I think mine are like 650-850 on the front, not sure on the rear Steeda IRS Cobra Rs.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
ZimStang said:
C springs will give you about 1.25 even cutting the coil i believe
Actually I got about a 1.5 drop with C springs I have heard from many people with 99+ only got a 1.25

I dot know why though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts