Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 gt 20,000 miles

I got eibach pro kit springs for Christmas
eventually I will upgrade struts/shocks but don't have the money for that right now. what is necessary to instal when I do the springs for it to handle good

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

& is it necessary to get caster camber plates or will camber bolts be fine? big price difference

it's mostly my dd but I will be taking it to the track

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Adjustable panhard bar and camber bolts. If you're taking it to the track now is the time to do some adjustable shocks/struts. Strange makes some affordable ones.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adjustable panhard bar and camber bolts. If you're taking it to the track now is the time to do some adjustable shocks/struts. Strange makes some affordable ones.
it wouldn't be till spring that I would take it so ill be good till then with stock ones right

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
it wouldn't be till spring that I would take it so ill be good till then with stock ones right
Yes. It's just easier to do the front struts the first time when you do the front springs.

I used the camber bolts and aligned it myself with nothing more than a straight edge and digital level. It's actually pretty easy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. It's just easier to do the front struts the first time when you do the front springs.

I used the camber bolts and aligned it myself with nothing more than a straight edge and digital level. It's actually pretty easy.
yeah it'll be a pain to instal after but I don't have the $ to do it all at once

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered the rest so total I have

-eibach pro kit springs
-BMR adjustable panhard bar
-BMR panhard bar relocation bracket
-eibach camber adjustment bolts

good to go? (for now)

·
Registered
441 Posts
yeah be careful with the stock strut mounts they are junk....! and when you lower they will clunk when you turn slowly, just dont let the bearings fall apart its a pita!! but all in all u can live with it...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah be careful with the stock strut mounts they are junk....! and when you lower they will clunk when you turn slowly, just dont let the bearings fall apart its a pita!! but all in all u can live with it...
I'm only at 18,000 miles right now I plan to redo the shocks/struts before I get to 30-40,000

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ray!

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

hi ray! I doubt it's gonna snow but even if it does I'd be driving a ram around lol. I'm gonna do the shocks/struts in the spring ill start saving now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
they were on the car when i bought it. i have been looking at coilovers though. i was looking at the eibach pro sports of depending how much i have if i decide to go with them maybe even the multi-pro R1

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

ray!

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

hi ray! I doubt it's gonna snow but even if it does I'd be driving a ram around lol. I'm gonna do the shocks/struts in the spring ill start saving now.
i have some stuff coming for the spring too. :headbang:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
they were on the car when i bought it. i have been looking at coilovers though. i was looking at the eibach pro sports of depending how much i have if i decide to go with them maybe even the multi-pro R1

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

i have some stuff coming for the spring too. :headbang:
yay we can be cool 5.0 kids together:D

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Don't forget to get a front end alignment

Btw u have a very nice car

·
Registered
441 Posts
I guess you didn't understand what I was saying...the strut mounts really are junk, my car was brand new when I lowered it, but it started clunking soon after , the strut mounts can't handle it, but it's only when you turn sharp going slow, but you can deal with it, its just annoying..

·
Registered
169 Posts
I guess you didn't understand what I was saying...the strut mounts really are junk, my car was brand new when I lowered it, but it started clunking soon after , the strut mounts can't handle it, but it's only when you turn sharp going slow, but you can deal with it, its just annoying..
Yep they are sh**. I have stock suspension and had to get my struts replaced 2 weeks after I bought it back in july. And its starting to make the same noise again, time to go throw a fit at the dealer.

·
Registered
720 Posts
What do you need panhard bar relocation brackets for? I know you need them for the LCAs but do you really need them for the adjustable panhard bar?

Asking cause I'm a total amateur :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts