Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at possibly lowering my car in the next couple of weeks but I have a few questions:

Does it need to be aligned afterwards?
Are caster camber plates a must?
And has anyone had any problems with exhaust clearance for the over the axle pipes? I just put a magnaflow dual exhaust on a couple weeks back and I noticed there isn't a whole lot of room there. Anyway any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking just lowering springs for now. Something like an inch and a half in the front and maybe an inch in the back

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd get them aligned after you lower the car, let them settle for a week or two then go do it. Cc plates you should get for anything over 1.5"

·
Registered
7,311 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
he won't even need alignment bolts at 1.5" unless he just wants them
I thought 1"-1.5" get bolts, more than 1.5 get plates. But right at 1.5" sometimes bolts work and sometimes u need plates.

But ill take your word for it, you know more about that stuff then me. When I think suspension, I think of u, cutting springs. You helped me with questions and that's how I remember u. Hope that didn't sound sound too corny lol.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I thought 1"-1.5" get bolts, more than 1.5 get plates. But right at 1.5" sometimes bolts work and sometimes u need plates.

But ill take your word for it, you know more about that stuff then me. When I think suspension, I think of u, cutting springs. You helped me with questions and that's how I remember u. Hope that didn't sound sound too corny lol.
With any drop up to 1.4, you should do camber bolts. Over that you should do cc plates. People say you dont need them, I dont agree with them, and had the chewed up tires to prove it. Why skimp on a 20$ bolt at the least, and an alignment only costs about 70 bucks. I dont understand why people just dont do it the correct way, especially if the actually like their car.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
because i like to run a couple neg degrees...why build a car that can handle good and zero out the camber...now that doesn't make sense. without any camber bolts you can get down to a -1 no issue if you wanted on a 1.5" drop, and you won't eat tires running a couple neg degrees unless you're shocks are shot and you're feathering the tires. I use to manage a tire shop so i've seen enough examples of camber and how it effects tires

·
Registered
360 Posts
I just finished installing the exact same springs as 1slosix today heres what they look like on my ride (sorry it was dark after I got everything cleaned up and in the garage and took the pic)

The back has settled some I put them on two days before the front since the front took some time. Personally they don't seem to be very low in the front at all but hopefully when they settle itll look good. Didn't measure they tho :/

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i see you installed them with ISOs...that can explain the higher ride height. they will settle a bit but dont expect as big of a drop as my car got. hope that explains it

·
Registered
360 Posts
i see you installed them with ISOs...that can explain the higher ride height. they will settle a bit but dont expect as big of a drop as my car got. hope that explains it
Oh so you left your ISOs off?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts