Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to do it myself. I need to install koni adjustable shocks and struts. Is this easy? Any how to's? And im also going to install maximum motorsports caster cambers. Will i be able to do these myself?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
yes with some basic tools and an impact you'll be set to go along with jack and stands...for easy install write ups check AMs site or even youtube

·
Registered
304 Posts
To do the back of the cars suspension is a walk in the park. The front isn't extremely hard but it is a bit more challenging and camber caster just replace the plate up top in your engine bay so pretty much its more time consuming than anything.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just dropped mine and its really simple and its like night and day with the difference in handling.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Lemme just jump in and ask, what kinda shocks could I use on a 2 inch drop? I did it a couple months ago and I think my stock shocks are starting to go bad

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Lemme just jump in and ask, what kinda shocks could I use on a 2 inch drop? I did it a couple months ago and I think my stock shocks are starting to go bad
not a surprise on a 2" drop, factory's go quick over 1.5"

koni, tokico, Bilstein; all good

·
Registered
502 Posts
You can do your struts if you have basic mechanical knowledge. I did all four shocks and struts, changed my fuel filter, installed a rear sway bar and replaced wheel bearings in a little under 5 hrs. If your nervous about it maybe pick up a Haynes manual. About 15 bucks from AutoZone. It helped me with a lot of stuff on my car

·
Registered
570 Posts
Struts are pretty damn easy lol, but I get the mechanical level thing but it's pretty straight forward once your down there

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Bamman said:
I lowered mine and it actually raised it in the rear? Why?
Same height springs as factory higher spring rate would be my guess

Dgerow12 said:
You can do your struts if you have basic mechanical knowledge. I did all four shocks and struts, changed my fuel filter, installed a rear sway bar and replaced wheel bearings in a little under 5 hrs. If your nervous about it maybe pick up a Haynes manual. About 15 bucks from AutoZone. It helped me with a lot of stuff on my car
Agreed its not that bad just takes a little know how for it, but even then you can just look at it and figure it out lol

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah take pics while you're tearing down and follow the pics backwards for help if you forget how things go. But every car I get, I immediately buy a Haynes or a Chiltons. Ask my wife, it drives her nuts! Lol

·
Banned
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lmao i dont needa do that. I did my springs and balljoints. Just not aware how those struts join up to the caster chambers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts