Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know any good performance sway bar kits that would be great for a 2014 v6. Or if the GT sway bars would work?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Do you have the factory struts and shocks?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I have the Performance Package on mine and it has GT Front and a GT500 rear bar from the factory.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I have a Mustang Club of America with the Performance package added on. Any sway bar from any Mustang of the same year will fit, you just have to change more things.
As for modifications to Suspension, I have leveled mine with Vogtland GT Spring, I have Koni Sport Struts and Shocks I am running 255/40 19 front tires and 295/35 19 rear tires, they are Continental Extreme Contact Sports and I can push around a C7 Corvette in the corners as well as quite a few Sport bikes.
Here is what it looks like

And here is what it can do in the corners

Since the Boss was .95 on the skid pad I figure my little V6 is doing pretty good in the Cornering department.
I also upgraded my Brakes to 14" Brembos on the Front and 13.8" 13-14 GT500 Rear

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I have features from both the pony package and the premium package according to the document. I have basically everything from the pony package but the mustang stripe and all of the premium features as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Mustang Club of America with the Performance package added on. Any sway bar from any Mustang of the same year will fit, you just have to change more things.
As for modifications to Suspension, I have leveled mine with Vogtland GT Spring, I have Koni Sport Struts and Shocks I am running 255/40 19 front tires and 295/35 19 rear tires, they are Continental Extreme Contact Sports and I can push around a C7 Corvette in the corners as well as quite a few Sport bikes.
Here is what it looks like View attachment 304108
And here is what it can do in the corners
View attachment 304109
Since the Boss was .95 on the skid pad I figure my little V6 is doing pretty good in the Cornering department.
I also upgraded my Brakes to 14" Brembos on the Front and 13.8" 13-14 GT500 Rear
Ok so if I put the GT sway bar kit with links and everything I would have to basically put all GT suspension parts?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yea still have factory shocks and struts. They are going to be first before sway bar and links.

The factory struts and shocks are pure crap when they are new :( Here is Little Red with a 1 inch drop in the front and a 1 1/4 inch drop in the rear with Steeda Sport Springs with orange Koni. I used Struts made for 2005-2009 GT so I could use the GT500 strut mounts. 'Good chance' you'll lose all the ball bearings out of the strut mounts if you use the 2011-2014 struts and mounts :(.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Ok so I have features from both the pony package and the premium package according to the document. I have basically everything from the pony package but the mustang stripe and all of the premium features as well.
You have the Pony Package, it has to be a Premium to get that. Also since you have the Pony Package the Performance package can't be added to that (Ford thing) like with mine and the Mustang Club of America package in which the car has to be a premium also.
Ok so if I put the GT sway bar kit with links and everything I would have to basically put all GT suspension parts?
You will have the GT Sway Bars, Struts and Springs are different, GT springs sit about 1/2" higher in the front and the valving is different in the struts because of the weight. The Valving in the Struts together with the springs is firmer in the GT. They basically made the V6 car ride better since it was going to more than likely be a daily driver.
The Performance package came with the Struts and springs from a 2007 GT500 in the front, making it different from the other V6's and in some places a better car than the GT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the information. It was very helpful. Will hopefully start soon on getting my car upgraded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts