Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So....my GT now has the IRS rear end and brakes from an 03 Cobra. MM bushings at the four mounting bolts. I have a set of MM control arm bushings but the guy didnt' have time to do those too, so either I will try to do them later myself if I get the nerve or just leave it like it is and maybe sell that set of bushings. It was fairly involved, the exhaust systems have to be traded, the rear ends, the pinion flange from the driveshafts have to be swapped. The springs, rear shocks, exhaust mounts, pinion snubber, all of that had to go on the Cobra for it to fit mine.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yeah, its an involved process, but its a decent upgrade if you like some twisties.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its great! I noticed it is a lot smoother on the patched up sections of interstate coming back, I really haven't given it a fair twisties test, was too tired after driving over 300 mi home really. From what I could tell on one road I drive a lot, the handling is going to be quiet a bit better too though. All in all I think its a great improvement. Its not a swap I would recommend for a backyard project really, it is pretty involved, They had a good trick for cutting out bushings, even though he didn't have the time to do my control arm ones he did the mount MM bushings, they cut the old ones out with an air drill and a door lock hole saw. worked pretty good, you need to keep spraying it with lubricant so it doesn't burn up or gum up though.

·
Registered
941 Posts
congrats, take some pics! i'm sorta jealous, but you can't have a drag setup AND an open track setup. :(

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I guess that you could drag race in a Nascar racer, not sure how well you would do though, lol.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a few pics, not really that revealing, some of you may have seen them on 3.8, *I have had a little war going over there with the little hypocrits.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The price is nice, I get it free. Its one of the few things the state of NC gives Disabled Veterans, and you have to be 100% Service Connected to get it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL, I better hang on to it, they might get mad at me, lol. :shock: Best part is I get to park in the best parking spots, lol.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You have to be on 100% VA service connected disability.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, like if you went to Iraq or somewhere like that, and you got screwed up bad enough, but didn't get killed, then you could be 100% disabled. :shock:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its not so bad, join the Air Force or the Navy, it just depends on what your job is really. :D I am a Viet Nam Era Veteran, they sent me to Germany and England. I was in Supply. I had a Nervous Breakdown you might say. Sort of like "pissed at the Air Force and couldn't do a thing about it sort of thing, lol"

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
After you run around for so long being mad at the whole Air Force you start to narrow it down and figure out the only one you really got to be mad at is you, and that is really fricken depressing, so then all that anger gets turned inside out on yourself, sort of see what I mean? It sucks bad.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yeah. My grandfather is a commander in the Navy. He is always trying to get me to join. :no: Such low pay for such a high-risk job. I'm happy doing business networking. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts