Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add a rear sway bar. 1)Where is a good place to get one? What years fit? 2) What would I need aside from the sway bar. It looks like it just bolts to the LCA's.Is that right?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
any 94 up rear sway bar will work but i would get one from a 99 up gt or a 96 up cobra they are the same stiffness. I got mine from a 96 mystic cobra for 20 bucks just check a junk yard.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
any sway bar from a 79+ mustang will fit. yes, the lca's have holes already drilled for you. you just need the bolts and the tightening clips to hold it in place

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
go to www.maximummotorsports.com and look at the rear sway bars, they are under rear end or something they have a list of the years and what each years settings are, the oem just bolts to the LCAs

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
just remember, you need an actual sway bar before you can get the adjustable one. dont go and buy any adjustable sway bar before you get your hands on a normal one.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
midwest mustang
Year:
Trans: Gt rear sway bar $59 shipped

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1995 Ford Mustang GT rear sway bar, $59 shipped. Email us at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I emailed Terry and he had one from a '93, but I just won one on ebay off of a 2002 GT $55 shipped :headbang: any specific torque or just good and tight?
Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
941 Posts
goodntight works. there's no need for a locking washer either, and i've had mine on and off before and it's always held tight. make sure to get grade 8 bolts though, you don't want them breaking.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I got it yesterday, installed it today. Took about 15 mins or so(made me feel better about myself from doing the headers yesterday :D ) I would would highly recommend doing this. The car feels so much better, corners flater, and its a little more predictable.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Ok that's mainly what I wanted to see, if you upgraded your front or not. But considering you didn't, and it still made a BIG difference, then I definately think it will be worth it. Especially considering I just ordered my springs, I think a $50 rear sway bar would be a nice compliment to this stage 1 of suspension mods.

Can anyone confirm if the stock V6 front swaybar is the same as the stock GT front swaybar?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I dont' think so, see if you can find that chart on MM, I couldn't find the thing, I had cobra front and rear bars on my V6 and had cobra front and rear on the GT, I don't have a rear bar on the GT any more, can't use one with the IRS, still have the Cobra front bar though.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I didnt' even think the IRS had a rear sway bar, now I am not so sure, this guy seems to have taken an IRS unit apart in a lot of pieces, not sure why he did that, maybe thinks he can sell it for more in pieces, lol. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts