Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Any rear swaybar off a 79+ mustang will fit. Junkyards are good places to find them cheap (~$50). You can get one from Midwest Mustang for ~$70 shipped. Or you can pick a brand new one up at your Ford dealer for ~$105.

·
Registered
546 Posts
It's an 03 GT swaybar. It lines up perfectly. I tighten it down.. I drive for a two blocks and it starts rattling!

I tighten it again with locktite... Same thing! Grr.

It doesn't -feel- loose... But it has to be.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just looked... It seems as if the bar is sliding horizontally between the LCAs. Which makes sense.. Since it is far thinner than the gap. And I can't tighten enough to compress the LCAs to hug the swaybar..... Now wtf am I supposed to do? :mad: :cry:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Fixed it! After five hours.

Here is a tip for all future sway bar installers without the necessary hardware and a mild mental retardation: The nuts go INSIDE the LCAs. The bolts go all the way through, but the nut threads on in the middle. I figured that out like 3 hours ago.. But I had to go back and uninstall and reinstall it again. :uhh:

And after extensive road-testing, I can say that: sway bars kick ass!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.