Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me were i can get a gt sway bar for my 02 v6 stang. for a good price

·
Registered
574 Posts
Any rear swaybar off a 79+ mustang will fit. Junkyards are good places to find them cheap (~$50). You can get one from Midwest Mustang for ~$70 shipped. Or you can pick a brand new one up at your Ford dealer for ~$105.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I thought mine was pretty easy, Im not sure how tight mine are but i have no problems...not sure what it could be. what year is the sway bar from?

·
Registered
574 Posts
It's an 03 GT swaybar. It lines up perfectly. I tighten it down.. I drive for a two blocks and it starts rattling!

I tighten it again with locktite... Same thing! Grr.

It doesn't -feel- loose... But it has to be.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hmm. is it the factory clips that it bolts into?? or a bolt with a nut on the end?(not sure if it would make a difference)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Didn't come with the u-nuts so I followed the article on 3.8 and used 1-3/4" Grade-8 3/8" Thread Bolts and Loctite Red. It feels really tight... Until I start driving.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I just looked... It seems as if the bar is sliding horizontally between the LCAs. Which makes sense.. Since it is far thinner than the gap. And I can't tighten enough to compress the LCAs to hug the swaybar..... Now wtf am I supposed to do? :mad: :cry:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Laser02 said:
It seems as if the bar is sliding horizontally I can't tighten enough to compress the LCAs to hug the swaybar
Mine with the factory hardware the bolt goes threw only one part of the LCA, not both. Ill try and get a pic tomorrow for ya;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Fixed it! After five hours.

Here is a tip for all future sway bar installers without the necessary hardware and a mild mental retardation: The nuts go INSIDE the LCAs. The bolts go all the way through, but the nut threads on in the middle. I figured that out like 3 hours ago.. But I had to go back and uninstall and reinstall it again. :uhh:

And after extensive road-testing, I can say that: sway bars kick ass!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts