Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my eibach front and rear sway bars from am! Anyone have any tips for installation or have them and love them?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Nice. Good luck with the install. I think it should be pretty straight forward. But I have no idea.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
if you can lift it off the ground you'll have a pretty easy swap...the rear will swap in under 5 mins as long as the bolts aren't siezed...the front however will take a bit longer...i'd have an hour to spare at least just in case lol

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you can lift it off the ground you'll have a pretty easy swap...the rear will swap in under 5 mins as long as the bolts aren't siezed...the front however will take a bit longer...i'd have an hour to spare at least just in case lol
Yeah I know the rear will be easy I'm just worried about the front. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm pondering upgrading my sway bars soon as well. If anyone knows of a good install write up they can share it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm pondering upgrading my sway bars soon as well. If anyone knows of a good install write up they can share it would be appreciated.
American muscle has one on their website. If you click the installation tab on the product page it should say where it is

·
Registered
25 Posts
American muscle has one on their website. If you click the installation tab on the product page it should say where it is
Thanks, I will have to check it out.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Swar bar end links on front are the worst. Use your stock end link rods and swap the new bushings on to those. The eibach supplied rods are too short and almost impossible to get on

·
Registered
108 Posts
Swar bar end links on front are the worst. Use your stock end link rods and swap the new bushings on to those. The eibach supplied rods are too short and almost impossible to get on
I'm usually one to do things myself but those front end links; stock or those supplied by eibach made the front install damn near impossible; especially when using the new bushings. I had to give up and bring it to my local mechanic. I was pissed bc I hate paying for someone else's labor but when all was said and done the new front and rear bars made a world of difference.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I use steeda blue light weight sway bars. I also have energy suspensions shortened end links. If your car is lowered then I highly recommend using the shortened end links to place the sway bar in proper geometry with your control arms to get the most from your new sway bar. Reusing the stock end links defeat some of the purpose of the sway bar

·
Registered
441 Posts
The rods that come with eibachs are shortened. If you use the center spacer from the eibach kit you get the shortened end link but use the original threaded bolt so you have an easier time threading the nut on the end. The bolt supplied with eibachs just isnt long enough to thread on the nut easily

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I havent posted in a couple days but i put them on wednesday and they make a world of difference, it feels like a different car. but yes the end links were a pain but i got them on and i actually think they might've lowered the car just a little bit. i had just as much trouble with the rear sway bar with the stock clips going on the new one so i just bought some 3/8 bolts and nuts and made it easy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts