Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get a swaybar with no hardware, what do I need for mounting and how much will it cost?

·
Registered
941 Posts
i'll assume you mean rear swaybar since you'd notice bigtime what it feels like to have no front swaybar. get some grade 8 bolts from home depot or a tractor supply store that fit the predrilled holes on the inside bottom of your lower control arms. If you look you'll see it... any more Q's, just ask them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I havent gotten them yet, I am still deciding on which size I want. I was thinking of getting the 30 mm in the front and 24 mm in back (like the stock 1993-1998 GT). Any suggestions on sizes?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
you need to get a matching pair off the same year car I have 98 Cobra's front and rear but whether GT or 94-98 Cobra they should match

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
just take the sway bar (rear) in the store with you make sure they fit in the sway bar holes if htey do then you are good, the sway bar should have little metal things that have places where the bolts can screw into, get grade 8 bolts, i dotn know what you call them little metal clips that slide into teh sway barand allow bolts to go in (add threads with the clips) but you should have them on it, all you will need are bolts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts