Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I did a retrofit and also went to led turn signals. The problem is in the day you can't see them blinking, and even at night it is minimal. I was wondering if the wiring on switch backs is any different or if they would just plug and play since I already have a resistor for my turn signals. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Can't see an LED bulb during the day???

Please share the bulb type or part number. I'm thinking you purchased a poor or perhaps low output bulb. Superbrightleds.com sells different levels of brightness, and the level I purchased for my f150's parking lights could just about pass for a headlight!

Adding in the resister...because you were preventing the fast blink? If so, was it a resister they provided, or did you install one yourself? What was the rating of the resistor? I went the route of installing a LED flasher; this way I can install a conventional filament bulb or LED without the use of a load resistor.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
3157 with 18 led and 50w 6ohm resistors that I got myself but we're recommended due to hyperflash. All from ebay so that's probably my problem, I kind of assumed any type would be good enough for turn signals. They are the white leds and day time I can see them as parking lights but not the turn signals flash. Now my fog light leds I have no problem with but I actually looked for a decent output one (even though I just want them for looks not function).
Oh yea I also nightshaded clear reflectors with a few passes lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts