Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer, Ford is rolling it out step-wise so it may or may not yet be available to you.

Installation went smoothly (thankfully different to when I installed v4.4) and it only took 10-15 minutes. Had to re-pair my phone and everything seems to be working. At least temporarily it seems to have corrected the problem where when I asked for a particular tract on my iPod, sync would repeat the correct tract but play something completely different. Repeating the request would then select another incorrect song, in spite of sync correctly repeating the song I asked for. I'll withhold a conclusion about this fix for now because re-installing v4.4 would also correct this for a couple of days before it went back to the problem. This was my biggest gripe that came along with v4.4.

Here's the official Ford blurb on the update from the website:

DR3T-14D544-AG

Ford Motor Company is committed to enhancing and improving upon the SYNC® driving experience, and we periodically release software updates so you have the latest version of SYNC® to keep you up-to-date and in-the-know.

The latest release of SYNC® (V4.6) software delivers a more robust driving experience for vehicles equipped with SYNC® and SYNC® with MyFord®. The latest version also includes new features:

Streamlined help commands save time. SYNC® offers the corresponding help prompts only to the area that you're using.

Enhanced phonebook search allows you to browse and scroll through your contacts, alphabetically.

SYNC® AppLink™ now available in Canada and Mexico. Now, AppLink™ can be controlled in English, French (Canadian) and Spanish (Mexican).

SYNC® reboot allows you to quickly restart the SYNC® system to facilitate communication between your Bluetooth® - enabled device and SYNC®, without repairing your device or performing a master reset.

·
Registered
292 Posts
FINALLY!!!

I was starting to get concerned that they weren't going to release any more updates for the previous gen syncs.

If this does what I think it does:

SYNC® reboot allows you to quickly restart the SYNC® system to facilitate communication between your Bluetooth® - enabled device and SYNC®, without repairing your device or performing a master reset.
...then I won't have to keep pulling the fuse to get my Mobile Apps to work!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Okay, at risk of sounding like a complete dumbass, how do we download it? Is it via micro SD?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Anyone know if this update will finally fix the issue of manually changing media to "Bluetooth" every time you start the car. It would be really convenient if it would default to Bluetooth audio rather then sync line in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, at risk of sounding like a complete dumbass, how do we download it? Is it via micro SD?

Hello Nomad, it should be by USB thumb drive. You'll need to go to Ford.com and select Owner. Next, you can sign in/ register in order to be able to select the SYNC and Vehicle Services Tab (on a PC or laptop), after you should be able to click check for updates and download the SYNC update it should provide a step by step guide for your particular SYNC model, Hopefully this helps?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello Nomad, it should be by USB thumb drive. You'll need to go to Ford.com and select Owner. Next, you can sign in/ register in order to be able to select the SYNC and Vehicle Services Tab (on a PC or laptop), after you should be able to click check for updates and download the SYNC update it should provide a step by step guide for your particular SYNC model, Hopefully this helps?
It definitely does! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I was never able to load 4.4. Can I bypass that version and load 4.6? Maybe I'll have better luck. 13 Boss

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was never able to load 4.4. Can I bypass that version and load 4.6? Maybe I'll have better luck. 13 Boss
I would go ahead and give it a try.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
No soap. Sees the USB drive but says "no media files" and switches to bluetooth. Same as before. I guess I'll have the dealer install it for me. Thanks for your help.
Neal

·
Registered
900 Posts
Why update? I haven't updated mine since new in '12! Lol.
Yep, devils advocate here. :p:

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 2012 took an update. When I log in now that I have a 2015 it says I'm running 3.7, and am up to date. WTF.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Anyone know if this update will finally fix the issue of manually changing media to "Bluetooth" every time you start the car. It would be really convenient if it would default to Bluetooth audio rather then sync line in.
The update I installed in my 2012 was supposed to fix that, and never did.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Why update? I haven't updated mine since new in '12! Lol.
Yep, devils advocate here. :p:
Probably better off. Mine was worse after the update. :banghead:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you have a nav?
Wasn't an option in the 2012 Boss. 2013 Boss' had it as an option.

I forgot, his has a Boss stripe, but isn't.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts