Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.. I have a 97 cobra. Motor is stock. Have o/r x pipe with no cats. I have a check engine light on, code is p1074 bank 2 system to lean. I have replaced mas airflow sensor, coolant temp sensor, intake gaskets. And im still getting the same code. (note).. if i dont let the car warm up for a few minutes first thing in the morning it will fall on its face before i get half a block down the road and wants to die.. Once it warms up it runs fine for the rest of the day.. Thank you

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told when i bought it that it did have mil eliminators on it.. I havent actually gotten under the car to check. Reason being i was told that 02 sensor would not throw that code???

·
Registered
218 Posts
Make sure they are their and on the correct set of o2s. They should be on the rear set. I had the same issue and that was the only part I changed besides o2s.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wiill check.. I was just thinking, if they wernt on there then i would imagine i would have a code for bank 1 and 2 right? and could it be the front sensor as well that just may have went bad? were you having the same problem i mentioned about the car running terrible until it warms up? it will idle fine its just taking off when its cold is when it wants to die?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm not sure if both codes would come up or not. When I got my car it ran fine just really rich. But I also have other mods to. The guy that had it before me installed the mil eliminators on the front o2s instead of the rear so they did nothing at all. I have 2 sets because I didn't know he had em on there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts