Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have been reading some post on t lock and i see some advantages to it like power to both wheels etc... but im mainly looking for more get up and go. do i really need t-lock? i do want to go with 410 gears but how will t-lock affect going around corners and normal everday driving?i live in chicago and do plan to drive in the winter months. we do get some serious snow at times will t-lock be terrible in the snow? or should i just get the ring and pinon and just go with that? btw my car is equiped with traction control and its a auto please help! thx..........mabey i should get a beater to drive in the snow huh? i saw a bronco II really cheap... :D thax for your help...

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
If you get gears it would be senseless to not get Tloc. You want more get up and go but as you mod you will start to spin the one wheel and that is counter productive. Hell I dont think I know anyone with 4.10 gears and not TLoc

Actually you would want power to both wheels in the snow or ice and trcction control is nice for the snow to just turn it off when it is not required

The fact is the only reason that all cars dont come with Tloc or Posi track is to save money

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yea, get a tlok there exact same amount of work is required to put in gears as to put in tlok and gears... so buy a tlok unit and gears from gefracing.com or get gefracing.com's prices and go to summit if they are out of stock they will price match, only get FMS brand (ford motorsport) you may need a install kit that will have shims/bearings and what not but my gears came with shim sand the install guy got me some bearings so I didnt need any of that. bearings should all be replaced just to be safe... cheap insurance and replace the pinion seal if it needs to be.

for an install get a GOOD place, pay around 200-250 if you can put pay extra to get it done right if thats what it takes.... rear ends cant just be thrown together ask the guys if they know about backlash, pinion depth and wear patterns of the gears just make sure they are a good place, know what they are doing, and give you a warranty on gear noise/whine/brakage due to install.

its just about as cheap to buy a complete 8.8 rear end (gt rear end) and bolt it right up, you can only get up to 3.73 gears with this but.... it will be much stronger, its a direct bolt in and you will have your stock 7.5 for spare or to sell to recoop some money.

8.8 brand new is gonna be 850~ or less including shipping and i belive speedconcepts.com or is it .net.... has them just put lube in it and swap it in and your done.

7.5 will be 600+ for parts and install, parts being 450-500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts