Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you say that it is worth the buy? Theyre quite expensive. Has anyone had any experience with this?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Probably one of the best upgrades you could do to your stang to get the most pep in its step. Evenly distributed power to both wheels with a lot more torque = happy mustang owner

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Feeling of torque yes but not literally more

OP, be sure to get the install kit for it and if you have higher mileage the master bearing kit would be a better idea

The cost of new gears/diff may be high but it'll be worth it

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the issue with the 7.5" rear tlok (oem design with spider gears/clutches) is that its weak to shock (instant take off such as with slicks from a high rpm). The spider gears will break~

if you stay off the track you wont need anything else but if you play to run on a sticky track or with sticky tires it can cause breakage.

If you are gonna go to the track and launch the car hard go with a auburn or some other brand thats stronger.

DO GEARS AT THE SAME TIME its the same basic amount of work so should save you some cash.

·
Registered
155 Posts
so spectorv and davidcseifert would you say its better for a 8.8 swap im thinking of doing that rather then the stock 7.5 just my opinion lol and also davidcseifert i wanted to ask if you have any video i can check out of your car?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know you were asking them, thought I'd just throw my two cents in there. Unless you're planning on putting a blower on or something, I don't think it's really neccesary

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well im building mine gana have the windstar intake forged internals spray it dont know what shot yet shooting for 125 150 with purge kit and i came across a donor car girl from work has a 01 5spd she might let me take it off her hands just need break her off lol but yea theres a guybon youtube who i have been wathing his vids for a min its a yellow stang wit the black on top went frm s/c to turbo lil disappointed s/c-404 hp/372 tq.......turbo-447hp/431tq

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well hell if you've got a cheap one then why not! I've been actually looking for one so I can pop new gears in it and s/c, but I haven't found a good donor car and online everything is way too expensive even used that I've seen

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
SN95V600 said:
so spectorv and davidcseifert would you say its better for a 8.8 swap im thinking of doing that rather then the stock 7.5 just my opinion lol and also davidcseifert i wanted to ask if you have any video i can check out of your car?
Yes look up david053092 on YouTube, the more recent videos are current setup except for the dyno it still had cats on there

SN95V600 said:
Well im building mine gana have the windstar intake forged internals spray it dont know what shot yet shooting for 125 150 with purge kit and i came across a donor car girl from work has a 01 5spd she might let me take it off her hands just need break her off lol but yea theres a guybon youtube who i have been wathing his vids for a min its a yellow stang wit the black on top went frm s/c to turbo lil disappointed s/c-404 hp/372 tq.......turbo-447hp/431tq
If you go the route like you said here I would recommend 8.8 especially if manual since it puts more of a shock on the rear of the car when launching

And I know him haha jpl4k3 he's running a forum right now, not bad numbers considering his style cam and other factors

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
SN95V600 said:
What does deleted IMRCs from lower intake mean?
In the 01-04 models there are runners in the lower intake that have butterfly valves in them, they open up ~3000rpms, helps with low end tq

·
Registered
155 Posts
So im 00'? No help in mine then?......idk i dnt know the exact year on the engine its a replacement

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Did you use a spacer on your windstar i forgot still havent finished it i dnt want the iac on top tryna see how to rig it

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
http://kylepersonperformance.m.webs.com

SN95V600 said:
So im 00'? No help in mine then?......idk i dnt know the exact year on the engine its a replacement

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Did you use a spacer on your windstar i forgot still havent finished it i dnt want the iac on top tryna see how to rig it
Yeah 00 won't have then, and if the motor replaced in yours has them it isn't functional since your ecu doesn't have the program for it

And no spacer under the intake if that's what you mean, I have an adapter for my throttle body but that's it

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Dgerow12 said:
That would suck having IMRC's that are stuck closed....
Yep, and people with boosted cars delete them because the boost will keep them **** haha

·
Registered
48 Posts
I went with 3.73 (and TLOK), and it was definitely a noticeable improvement. You wont make more power, but your RPMs will stay higher between shifts, and therefore you will go faster. I got mine used off ebay as a combo for 400$, and have not had a problem yet after a year (people take them out of their F-150's when they upgrade to 4.10's or higher). I try to use Ford Racing parts whenever I can, so that is what I would recommend for you.

The TLok is a great investment. it will help you put more power to the road, and make your car safer to drive. I have owned 3 mustangs; my second one I wrecked in the rain by accelerating too hard. Because the power goes to one wheel in a stock mustang, it sent me spinning out into the guard rail while I was getting on the interstate. When I put the Tlok on this one, traction improved significantly, particularly in the rain. I recently added fatter tires, and I am now only "chirping" in the rain when I floor it, and leaving camaro drivers feeling inadequate about their suspension.

·
Registered
48 Posts
the issue with the 7.5" rear tlok (oem design with spider gears/clutches) is that its weak to shock (instant take off such as with slicks from a high rpm). The spider gears will break~

if you stay off the track you wont need anything else but if you play to run on a sticky track or with sticky tires it can cause breakage.

If you are gonna go to the track and launch the car hard go with a auburn or some other brand thats stronger.

DO GEARS AT THE SAME TIME its the same basic amount of work so should save you some cash.
Do you mean the stock LSD, or a TLOK made for the 7.5? The 7.5 rear-end is well-known to take up to 300hp and do just fine. I would expect having to change the clutch before having to change the entire rear-end.

You aren't supposed to use slicks on a stock 3.8 period. It would likely break the 8.8 after a few pulls as well. You have to have the right suspension setup and a good amount of HP before you even think about using slicks.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
maybe it's the tq difference here... but ever since the t-lok rain driving is scary as hell

1 - 20 of 25 Posts