Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tranny went bad should I go with a t5 or tremec tranny I got over 300HP and need to install my supercharger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Azure said:
Correct it was a Borg Warner transmission. But was bought from Tremec. Tremec the built the T5 before updating to the T-45.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

mustangGT5.0 said:
My tranny went bad should I go with a t5 or tremec tranny I got over 300HP and need to install my supercharger
What year car??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
If you have over 300hp and want go supercharged, I suggest you to upgrade you're own t5 with Gforce gear kit. Is a good option over tremec because are at lower price and save a little weight because t5 case is lighter than the tremec.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,779 Posts
My tranny went bad should I go with a t5 or tremec tranny I got over 300HP and need to install my supercharger
A Tremec TKO 500 or 600 should hold your power ok.
What you need to be concerned about for transmission choice is torque.
That's what they build them for not HP. :good:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank for the help I got the tremec the guy that I got it from said it could hold up to 800hp and my car is a 95 mustang 5.0 with over 10k under the hood I'm the real supra slayer lol. P.s. imports r like tampons every ***** got one
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,786 Posts
Don Tito said:
If you have over 300hp and want go supercharged, I suggest you to upgrade you're own t5 with Gforce gear kit. Is a good option over tremec because are at lower price and save a little weight because t5 case is lighter than the tremec.
Agreed, if serious power and longevity are the goal I'd go Gforce over Tremec. I've done the research and its like custom over canned tuning
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
mustangGT5.0 said:
Thank for the help I got the tremec the guy that I got it from said it could hold up to 800hp and my car is a 95 mustang 5.0 with over 10k under the hood I'm the real supra slayer lol. P.s. imports r like tampons every ***** got one
10k under the hood and only 300hp?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
10k under the hood and only 300hp?
Exactly since the original question was about changing out a old busted transmission. But now its good for 800hp???? I though we worried about torque on that. And so what about a supra. Not something I'd be setting my goals in life about. I think we can all agree that this can be closed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@32v. My old t5 tranny went bad started to grind so I was asking ppl what tranny could hold more power that's all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
32vNomad said:
Exactly since the original question was about changing out a old busted transmission. But now its good for 800hp???? I though we worried about torque on that. And so what about a supra. Not something I'd be setting my goals in life about. I think we can all agree that this can be closed.
I agree, but I have to know what he's done to that motor to accumulate a bill like that while only netting 300hp. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt in most cases, but that claim is off the wall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
I agree, but I have to know what he's done to that motor to accumulate a bill like that while only netting 300hp. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt in most cases, but that claim is off the wall.
rwsmith3623 hey man I've been trying to message ya about the t5 but it says your inbox is full. Hit me up if your still around
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
17,971 Posts
At 800hp you should not still have a manual in the car. A t5 will be fine for 300-350hp, after that look at a tko or a t56. At the 600hp level I would take a strong look at a built automatic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
scottydsntknow said:
At 800hp you should not still have a manual in the car. A t5 will be fine for 300-350hp, after that look at a tko or a t56. At the 600hp level I would take a strong look at a built automatic.
Buddy doesn't have 800 HP the guy he bought it off of said it was good for that mind ye trannys are rated for torque not HP so the guy was probably full of sh** but ye if he did I would say a built auto would be the only way to go

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

This is a pretty old forum to
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top