Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tablet PC ie: Ipad, galaxy ASUS ect...ect... can I plug an internet stick into so I do not have to purchase a monthly internet contract plan.... pay as you go type deal.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I know the iPad does not, a lot of these tablet companies don't have that slot trying to keep it compact in size and with that that's how the whole Internet provided with the tablet came about. I have not seen any tablets that have an Internet card slot if you have a phone you could tether to avoid the monthly cost

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have an iPad. I use my iPhone, which is jailbroken, and have it set as on demand wifi so the iPad will connect to it when needed on it's own.

Most of the new smart phones are hotspot capable, but you have to pay for the service. If you have a iPhone, jailbreak it and download the app. If you have a droid, open source the software and your good to go. Problem solved.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ive got a viewsonic gtab and it has usb host and accepts almost any plugin ive tried so far...but its much easier to hotspot with your cell phone...

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I'm an iPhone guy, but I work with android stuff, too. In all honesty, if you aren't paying a monthly fee, you aren't going to get any sort of free wireless Internet, outside of wifi. If you already pay for data, on your phone, then wifi hotspot off of that is your best bet.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Or Bluetooth teathering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts