Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, got a 96 v6 5-speed... my stock tach is starting to jump around some.. it still reads acurately but sometimes its like it pauses for a second and then jumps up, or it will drop to 0 and then come back up real quick.. is it just the reader? sensor? or what? What can I do to fix it? because im trying to sale my car in about a month or so. thanks.. also if you know of any nice gt's for sale in alabama let me know.

·
Registered
246 Posts
SilverStang96 said:
Ok guys, got a 96 v6 5-speed... my stock tach is starting to jump around some.. it still reads acurately but sometimes its like it pauses for a second and then jumps up, or it will drop to 0 and then come back up real quick.. is it just the reader? sensor? or what? What can I do to fix it? because im trying to sale my car in about a month or so. thanks.. also if you know of any nice gt's for sale in alabama let me know.
I think the motor for the tach probably needs to be replaced...just find another cluster cheap and swap parts.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
SilverStang96 said:
Definately sounds like you've either got a loose/broken wire or the tach is going out. If you can take a pic of your coil pack.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
i'm going to assume you don't have any of the overlay gauges (like me :()

Mine make my speedometer and tach both stick. But with my nifty 99+ gauge cluster, I can get a digital readout. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts