Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
So I took the her out for a drive, after rerouting the throttle cable to see if that helped with the dead-spotting and no luck really, but not the tachometer is dancing a little bit usually only 50-200rpm I don't feel surging or a difference in speed either while idling or driving. Also the car was idling at 1k RPM before pulling out when I finished my five minute drive (not including a letting the car warm up in park) of driving mostly light throttle 20-40mph maybe mashing the throttle once or twice it was idling at 1.5k
:banghead:

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
So I took the her out for a drive, after rerouting the throttle cable to see if that helped with the dead-spotting and no luck really, but not the tachometer is dancing a little bit usually only 50-200rpm I don't feel surging or a difference in speed either while idling or driving. Also the car was idling at 1k RPM before pulling out when I finished my five minute drive (not including a letting the car warm up in park) of driving mostly light throttle 20-40mph maybe mashing the throttle once or twice it was idling at 1.5k
:banghead:
That could be indicative of a slight engine miss, erratic tach signal or a failing tachometer.

A dead spot when you step on it can be an ignition timing or fuel delivery problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts