Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know where to get tailpipe hangers for a 99 up (duals) taht will keep me from having to cut the bumper to get GT take offs to fit?

·
Banned
321 Posts
Your wanting tailpipe and muffler hangers?

Try:

1: Local Ford Dealership

2: Exhaust shops can make them.

3: Junkyard

I would go with the OEM hangers from ford personally.

I also believe http://www.dallasmustang.com has them

Also check http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/exhaust.htm $39.99

Also, about clearing the rear bumper on a V6, put shims under the rear hangers so that the pipes hang under the stock V6 bumper, or get a GT bumper.. I wouldnt cut a V6 bumper, that wouldnt look soo good.

Also, ask the muffler shop to cut off the Y-Pipe just behind the cats and weld on some pipes to connect the cats to the GT-takeoff flanges. (this will give u straight pipes)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pondering the shims now. I figure ! 1/4" should do it, but I won't really know until I get right o it.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Muffler shop I'm talking to about putting my takeoff's on is charging 110. That is to cut y pipe, make the pipes between where it's cut off to the take offs, passenger side muffler hanger, both tailpipe hangers, dropping the axle slightly to work the exhaust over. Just get a muffler shop to make them. Otherwise they're about 40-60 bucks for the hangers from ford.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's probably what I"ll end up doing. I just figured I'd cut the guess work out for the shop...hearing all the horror stories. Thanks all!

·
Registered
676 Posts
when i ordered the pace setter kit it came with hangers

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Found another shop... ~60 bucks for installation.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I got the take-offs put on, and I must say that'with the factory mufflers, it's really quiet. I ended up just having the shop use their own hangers.

So here's the damage ...

100 bucks, with the custom H-pipe.

since I took the single flowmaster off, I have to say that I don't miss it too much, with all the interior ressonance. Anybody got any ideas on quiet(er) mufflers that don't resonate but flow more?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Dynomax Ultraflows
Magnaflows
Borla's
Bassani

These are all flow thru mufflers. Dynomax and Magnaflow have shown to outflow the rest . But the difference in Horsepower claims on dyno's is relatively small.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
So the takeoff's by themselves aren't loud? Didn't figure they would be...and 100 isn't too bad man

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nah, not loud at all. It did open it up a bit, compared to thesingle flowmaster. I thought the guy did a pretty good job too, he spent alot of time making sure it was all lined up evenly. anyone in the OKC area wants to know where I went and who did the work, let me know.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts