·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
great site. i wonder if they'd be interested in making a v6 twin turbo system

·
I liek gramer
8,245 Posts
tuxmaskandy.

he has a site, but i don't recall what it is. He builds (from what i hear, very good) turbo systems for v6 stangs.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
the pic from the underside of his kits has pipe going EVERYWHERE looks odd but its how you got to do it....

·
Banned
1,102 Posts
im starting to do a little bit of research with turbos and 3.8L's for a future project (more like pipe dream), just a few observations

the 99+ 3.8L seems to be capable of handling rouhly 6-8psi without being intercooled, and 10-12psi intercooled

the reason i say 99+ is because ive seen a few guys running those numbers for a long amount of time on the 99+ 3.8L, i dont know any "definite" numbers for the pre 99

im hoping to see if i can find out if split port or single port is better for forced induction, in the turbo dodge world, guys are running 11's and 12's on stock intake manifolds, so i dont know if there would be any difference in split port vs single port in a forced induction application

·
Registered
97 Posts
i was lookin at a vortech turbo that came with fuel pum, injectors, ship, etc. and i was wondering with a centrigual supercharger, do you need to get forged pistons and things like taht also?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
when did vortech come out with a turbo? :confused:

You dont need to go forged unless you plan on pushing big psi. Im running a decently low psi on my car on a stock block

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Well this is what you said

i was lookin at a vortech turbo that came with ....
that up there is what we people lik eto call a supercharger

:yup::good:

·
Registered
97 Posts
i meant to say supercharger i mean, i wrote it wrong :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Currently own 05 Steeda Stang w/V6. To preserve the integrity of the Steeda original 'as is' production, I have decided to retain the 6 banger and go with a power adder. Which would be the optimum performance upgrade: supercharger vs twin turbos? On superchargers, which would be the better choice, a twin screw, such as Whipple, or hanging Vortec's V6 kit?

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
05SteedaV6 said:
Currently own 05 Steeda Stang w/V6. To preserve the integrity of the Steeda original 'as is' production, I have decided to retain the 6 banger and go with a power adder. Which would be the optimum performance upgrade: supercharger vs twin turbos? On superchargers, which would be the better choice, a twin screw, such as Whipple, or hanging Vortec's V6 kit?
I'm not sure how much integrity you'll save by adding a blower because so much has to be changed. Most of it can be reversed, but it would be a huge PITA to revert to stock.

However, the advantage you have with a supercharger kit is information. There are more people with SC's and a greater wealth of information to draw on in this project. Also, I don't know of a company that makes a twin screw for the v6. I could be wrong tho...;)

As for turbos, if you have the money and are willing to do research, twin turbos will outperform an SC in EVERY way...by far... In most cases even a properly sized single turbo will outperform a SC set up. However, this is an up and coming avenue and there is not a whole lot of info out there. It's there, but you have to look for it.

Try these places:
http://turbomustangs.com/
http://tmaturbo.com/

·
Registered
20 Posts
does anyone know anything about the turbonator? as seen on tv/www.turbonator.com
it is suppose to hook on after your filter and create a air vortex for better combustion but i was wondering if anyone knew if it would work, and if it is ok for you car?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts