Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was coming home from the store after work tonight and some kid merged on top of me. He creamed the fender, door, rocker, and scuffed the rear wheel arch. The side mirror got ripped clean off. Best pic I could do on a late, stormy night in the dark.

First wreck I've been in that involved two vehicles (2nd wreck I've ever been in period).

Edit: Added more pictures, from daytime.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
****ed up

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Sucks man..my 2012 just got totaled last month by some idiot!!! Hope u get it back to new soon!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
sorry to hear that Sanguin! make sure who ever fixes it can match the paint or you're gonna need the person to pay for an entire paint job. The painting of my mirrors and side scoops clued me in that not everybody can match existing accurately. then the 1/4 louvers from AM came in and even they are a hair off...so let your insurance company know that up front.....
I told mine already...from a fender to worse damage, what a whole new paint job.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Oh no! Sorry to see that :( I Think ghig is tri coat like my kona blue...I wonder how well paint shops can match it up? I had someone bump my rear bumper when my car was two months old I had it fixed the next day. I wish I had took my time I wouldda had the shop install a nicer rear valence than the stock one. Accidents sometimes give u an excuse to upgrade things!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Ah wow that sucks. Sounds like the other driver didnt check his blind spot at all. I hope u get it fixed up soon and am very glad nobody got injured. Might be an opportunity to have your mirror caps painted green or anything else if you have parts waiting for paint though. The fiberglass fenders take quite a bit of extra bodywork to get them looking right and to fit perfect. Keep us posted and good luck.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wish he'd clipped my bumper, I'd got a different one done. As is, only thing I could see switching is rockers. I don't like those massive fender vents, they look too rice for me. Since it's daylight now, I'll get some more pictures for you guys.

Zoom: I'll take that into account and mention it to my body shops and insurance. I only have one body shop I intend on going to (he does lifetime work and is a standup guy I've known a while), but I'll have them factor a possible full paint job into the estimates.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts