Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading up on throttle body spacers and just wondered if they are really worth. lol i know they are only like $90 and for a mod that suppost to give you 10+ horsepower and help your fuel economy thats not much. If anyone could put their opinion into this i would be greatly thankful.

oh and if you know where i can find one for a 98 thankyou
(rpmoutlet doesnt have them, or if they do im blind, if they do have them could i get info on where in the site)

-Matt

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have a TB and an Intake Manifold Spacer. The particular TB Spacer I have Was so negligable on the Dyno (+- 1-2HP), that it's inconclusive on the Dyno tests.

Fuel economy, I dont see how honestly. You're just adding more space for Air to travel to get to your Manifold.

The only thing I got mine for was the Extra heal shielding that it provides. (I have Flex's 3/8' Phenolic Spacers (both TB and manifold spacers)).

I feel that the Intake Manifold spacer that supperates the upper and lower manifold hold the main benifit. V6 Power says they are a waste of time, but I feel that they're worth it, and There were dyno's to prove it.

This isn't ment to knock down your idea. You have a viewpoint, and I will be willing to hear what you have to say and take it into account with an open mind. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts