Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got back with my teksid motor, full motor oilpan to intake, except upper plenum and tb, even has ac compressor and pwr steering pump, if i get cams and get the heads on it redone will they be okay with supercharger/nitrous/turbo, depending on what i go with? or do i need to try to find the c heads? and what all do they come on? and where is a good place to find a 03/04 cobra rotating assy? sorry for all the questions, i just decided today ima go with the 4v, figured itd be a better starting point. :headbang:

·
Registered
433 Posts
mmr was having a sell on rotating assemblies over the summer may give them a call and see if they still having the sell i bought mine from them in may and spent 900 on it minus the crank. i think if u buy a crank from them in a kit its like around $800 give or take. the teskid block didnt come in the 03/04s so you already have a forged crank. but the pistons and rods are the weak point in this engine i have been told by a couple of relieable friends to just spend the money and get the forged internals instead of tryin to chance it on the stockers. o yea try dss racing they have a decent setup for a decent price ive heard good things about them. good luck man

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmr was having a sell on rotating assemblies over the summer may give them a call and see if they still having the sell i bought mine from them in may and spent 900 on it minus the crank. i think if u buy a crank from them in a kit its like around $800 give or take. the teskid block didnt come in the 03/04s so you already have a forged crank. but the pistons and rods are the weak point in this engine i have been told by a couple of relieable friends to just spend the money and get the forged internals instead of tryin to chance it on the stockers. o yea try dss racing they have a decent setup for a decent price ive heard good things about them. good luck man
yeah, ive got the teksid, got it tore down to short block today, post pics later, im prolly gonna go with a 5.1 stroker rotating assy, and then put stage 3-4 blower cams in her, and shoot her with a 200 shot till i can get a supercharger:banana:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the motor and the guy said it had a dropped valve, and was ticking on the top end, I went home pulled the valve covers and one of the rocker arms came out from under the cam, so that's good cause I have no dropped valve! And then I ended the night with pulling one head off which was a pita lol. After work the other heads comin off and the oil pan.

ForumRunner_20121001_112113.png

ForumRunner_20121001_112141.png

·
Registered
433 Posts
all the more reason to get a new valvetrain and built bottom end. lol atleast its not destroyed internally. did you check out mmr?

·
Registered
598 Posts
taylor98gt said:
Ok I you plan on making any serious power you might as well order a forged Kellogg crank unless you can find a 96-98 cobra crank. The mark 8 cranks are cast not forged.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ok I you plan on making any serious power you might as well order a forged Kellogg crank unless you can find a 96-98 cobra crank. The mark 8 cranks are cast not forged.
also the 99s have the forged crank not sure about the 01s. that would also help to if you come across that as well not sayin Mzilla is wrong just throwin the info out there in case you come across one

·
Registered
433 Posts
MMR has a 4.6-5.0 stroker crank on sale for $599

·
Registered
598 Posts
taylor98gt said:
Hell yeah, Ima jump on that then
I am just completing a teksid 2v build right now as we speak. My question is do you have a local reputable machine shop that can build a motor like this for a mustang wether it be a 2v or 4v. Here is a list of the items I purchased not including any machine work. I had a local engine builder that builds a lot of race engine do all the machine work and blue printing. Just food for thought.

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mzilla said:
I am just completing a teksid 2v build right now as we speak. My question is do you have a local reputable machine shop that can build a motor like this for a mustang wether it be a 2v or 4v. Here is a list of the items I purchased not including any machine work. I had a local engine builder that builds a lot of race engine do all the machine work and blue printing. Just food for thought.
We have one that specializes in race engines I'm planning on getting the crank rods pistons etc and having them build it because they gaurntee their.work

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mzilla said:
That's awesome. Where are you located at?
Bout 30 minutes from Lexington ky.
Well I pulled the other head off tonite, the valve dropped, bent, and broke, and went through the piston haha. The block is fine.

ForumRunner_20121001_210910.png

ForumRunner_20121001_210959.png

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Glad you got started on your swap. :banana: I was wondering how soon. Are you going to keep your TR3650 or do you plan to upgrade down the road?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad you got started on your swap. :banana: I was wondering how soon. Are you going to keep your TR3650 or do you plan to upgrade down the road?
mines a 98 i got a t45 or t5. cant remember which, but yeah ima keep it for now, the heads are no good, guess cobra heads are in order now.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
mines a 98 i got a t45 or t5. cant remember which, but yeah ima keep it for now, the heads are no good, guess cobra heads are in order now.
Sorry man! I don't know why I thought you had a 2002. :( I know it's in you member name, just kept thinking you had an 02.

That's sucks, but at least you'll be getting an upgrade. Glad you got your project started. :good:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts