Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran a darn 15.2 at the track? At the time all I had done to the car was CAI and short shifter and I couldn't break the fourteens it was my first time at the track and I kept dumping the clutch cause that'd what I do on the street and it works! But not Ay the track! I got a lot more mods since then Full exhaust LT, midpipe and catback, rims and tires and radials on the back! getting 4:10 gears soon! And a bans tuner. Getting all around suspension done but I will take it to the track before that's done. Anyone have any idea about what times I should throw down

·
Registered
89 Posts
There no reason you should have run low 14s with just the CAI and short shifter. And there's no reason you shouldn't run mid 13s with your new mods. But you should really work on learning how to drive your car before you just throw mods at it. Practice launching at ~2,000rpm and slipping the clutch out so you don't spin so much. What was your 60' time?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
60ft times could have been VERY bad, without a good 60ft time you may as well baby the car down the track cuz beating on it wont help matters.

Aim for 2.0 or better 60ft time then worry about shifting hard etc.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
The 4.10 will help you a lot and like stated above 60ft time is what you should aim for. I ran a 13.2 on an auto 02 gt with bolt ons

·
Registered
7 Posts
What was your trap speed? Sometimes the trap can tell a lot, like if you have a lot more potential. Do you stop as soon as the 2nd light comes on (shallow stage)? Played with lowering air pressure in your tires for launch traction?

1/2 or more of the battle is in your launch and 60'.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gsrguy- I have been practicing and I think it wAs just me going from straight street racing to track. It's a lot different. And I could only find one. Track slip I think the rest are in my car but the one I found I ran a 15.5 with a 2.4 60'. -_-
Venemous- what are all yur bolt ons? I would give my right nut to hit low 13's?
Spector- I only went once and didn't have a chance to play with tire pressure of any of that. I will though with the radials.
And hay guys thanks a lot for te help. Any tips on taking off to reduce spin or just tips period?

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Paulford- sorry I may sound dumb but what you mean trap speed? And I'm not understanding what you mean about th "shallow stage?" when I went I just straight dumped the clutch and spun through 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Slip the clutch. Like taking off normally from a stop, but with more throttle. Modulate the throttle/clutch. How long have you been driving stick?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
2003mustangGT said:
Gsrguy- I have been practicing and I think it wAs just me going from straight street racing to track. It's a lot different. And I could only find one. Track slip I think the rest are in my car but the one I found I ran a 15.5 with a 2.4 60'. -_-
Venemous- what are all yur bolt ons? I would give my right nut to hit low 13's?
Spector- I only went once and didn't have a chance to play with tire pressure of any of that. I will though with the radials.
And hay guys thanks a lot for te help. Any tips on taking off to reduce spin or just tips period?

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Paulford- sorry I may sound dumb but what you mean trap speed? And I'm not understanding what you mean about th "shallow stage?" when I went I just straight dumped the clutch and spun through 1st and 2nd.
Yea work on the 60ft. My bolt ons are bbk CAI, throtthle body plenum n spacer, bassani x pipe borla catback, 4.10, coilovers, k member, sway bars, hossiers 305 drag radials, rear seat delete and lighter hood and no spare

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gsrguy- ok I see what you are saying. And about three years man not to long. This is my second mustang but my first stick.
Venemous- damn a little more than I got man. Do you not have LTS? And how do you like the sound of the borla? I just ordered mine today. I want to do pretty much all you had listed. How much have you spent?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
2003mustangGT said:
Gsrguy- ok I see what you are saying. And about three years man not to long. This is my second mustang but my first stick.
Venemous- damn a little more than I got man. Do you not have LTS? And how do you like the sound of the borla? I just ordered mine today. I want to do pretty much all you had listed. How much have you spent?
No I don't. Hopefully I can get some and a tuner and I will hopefully break into the 12's. I love the sound of it! There's no other exhaust like it! Only this car including the purchase price of it so far around 6200 bucks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow that's pretty cheap man. And god I wish! I just wana hit the 13's and beat my buddies trans am. Haha I been tellin him for years im gunna beat him and he just laughs. But anyways man what coil overs do yo have? And can I ask you a stupid question? What's the plenum do!?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Gotta keep your cool at the tree. Get your revs up and get ready. When the last light is yellow let the clutch out half way get rolling and by the time you've gone 1.5 carlengths you should be wide open. On 305 rubber you should be able to cut a 1.9 60' hell my buddy set a record for 275 micley street radials. 1.61 he ran 10.2 letting out at 3/4 track. (no cage) its his dd haha.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
2003mustangGT said:
Wow that's pretty cheap man. And god I wish! I just wana hit the 13's and beat my buddies trans am. Haha I been tellin him for years im gunna beat him and he just laughs. But anyways man what coil overs do yo have? And can I ask you a stupid question? What's the plenum do!?
Yea the car came with some of the mods, is it a ws6? I have Griggs racing coils in the front and and koni yellows in the back (more stiffer) also have MM k member. Lol it allows more airflow and throttle response.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh ok I got you! And naw it's a ls1 5.7 liter. And it's stock. He ran like a 13.9 last time he went.

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

I want to get coil overs and does the mm k member help alot?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oklahoma and ya untold him that. He has went through four trannys two rear ends and just he has put a lot in the car but it's been replacing **** he has broke lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
2003mustangGT said:
Oklahoma and ya untold him that. He has went through four trannys two rear ends and just he has put a lot in the car but it's been replacing **** he has broke lol
Where abouts in Oklahoma? Im about 20 min north of tulsa

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
2003mustangGT said:
Oh ok I got you! And naw it's a ls1 5.7 liter. And it's stock. He ran like a 13.9 last time he went.

---------- Post added at 04:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

I want to get coil overs and does the mm k member help alot?
Oh really? I thought those would run faster. Yea it does it also reduces weight

1 - 20 of 41 Posts