1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
yea you can clamp but welding is better

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The GT cat back should bolt up to the h pipe, and have the mufflers welded in, Then just have the tips welded/ clamped on...I think i remember Paul (greenflash) running into a problem with that same setup though, may different for a 94-98?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Danger Dude said:
Welding is better
So tell em the cheapest way to get exhaust that looks good.

I know I am getting this.

Mac Offroad H-Pipe and Mac Flowpaths.

What else to finish it off

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Well if you want a good price there is to ways to get the most bang for your buck on a new exhaust system.

1. Get a great deal on a exhaust kit and go get it welded to make it more secure.

2. Go find a local muffer shop preferably a privately owned shop and have them custom make one. Here where I lived I called every shop around in a 15 mile radius. I got quotes as high as $550 bucks and as low as $200. If they tell you they need to see the car blow them off. Any shop with experience knows what it takes to install a system on a Mustang. If they need to see the car they dont know their business and be very afraid and keep away from them.

I got my custom system including Dynomax Ultraflows for $ 250 just by shopping around letting my fingers do the walking in the yellow pages.

If you live in a city with little choices or you live in some stuck up, pricey, northeastern or Pacific Nothwest I am sorry and you might need to get a kit. Some people have reported that in these areas there are no good deals. But check for yourselves.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
mine is a back home shop, like i think it was $100 or $150 for mine, Dynomax mufflers and pipe and what not, I am lookin at dropin my side pipes, one is bent..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts