Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you get your mustang? I got my first 99 v6 electric green with 215xxx miles on it it was an automatic and I loved it. Was driving home from another town one day and I found a 99 cobra yellow at the car lot. I had to have a cobra lol. Never drove a stick shift and I just needed it. Traded my car and cash for this bad boy. :) once I got it the synchros were out so me learning how to shift and it not staying in 2nd sucked. So replaced trans. Later found out the car was electric green. :/ lmao I just traded my green v6 for a yellow cobra which was green also. What's your mustang story?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
18 yr old and just totaled my previous car so in the market for a commuter and decent looking car got my99v6 and since then been in love with them and got me an 02 gt which recently sold and now in the market for a terminator

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm 16 years old and knew for a long time that I wanted a mustang. Money is tight (because I'm 16) so I was lookin for a couple months for the right deal and found exactly what I was lookin for on craigslist. Within a day I was the owner of an 02 mustang gt.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Venomouz831 said:
18 yr old and just totaled my previous car so in the market for a commuter and decent looking car got my99v6 and since then been in love with them and got me an 02 gt which recently sold and now in the market for a terminator
Nice the terminators are bad. If I was going to pay payments I'd find a mystichrome terminator a great investment

·
Registered
847 Posts
So right before I turned 18 I went to my father's house ( parents were divorced), and there was a white 67 Shelby clone in the driveway with a for sale sign down n the floorboard. I called my dad later and he tried to pretend it wasn't for me until I told him about the for sale sign and he said you punk you caught me you can't have it until your 18th birthday! Car started having problems and I decided to tear down and rebuild it took 9 months for the rebuild and then only 1 week later before I got insurance, the vehicle was stolen! Found it a couple weeks later stripd down demolished ended up selling it for 400 dollars:( white Mustang gone.... last year my 1970 Torino broke down on me I found myself riding my bike to work everyday. I had to ride past a lot with an Oxford white 04 Mustang GT with a price tag of $14999.. week after week I rode by it and week after week the price dropd..first 13999 and 12 999 then 10 999 and so on. When it hit 9999 I went and made an offer of 9000. Owner accepted I took out a loan I cut him a check and the next thing you know I find out he wasn't even the real owner. No title!!! After 6 months of battling with DMV I finally found the riteful owner, stupud dealer paid off his loan got everything squared away registered it and the rest is history.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I woke up June 1st, the day of my high school graduation and walk into my families shop and there she sits. :') :love:

·
Registered
26 Posts
My last car...a 2005 lancer rallyart was totalled in an accident caused by a ****** using his phone instead of his brakes.... With insurance $$$ and a new job was able to afford my dream car

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
17, graduating High School in May, and still working to get the money and parent approval to get one...... been saving up all of High School; i'm happy for all you that have cars given to you, but you have it so easy.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Soccerluvr4 said:
17, graduating High School in May, and still working to get the money and parent approval to get one...... been saving up all of High School; i'm happy for all you that have cars given to you, but you have it so easy.
o_O. True one day you'll get one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was out shopping one evening with my wife, brother-in-law and his wife. Dropped the ladies off at the mall then my brother-in-law went around to different dealerships and there it was, a 2003 Mustang GT, 5 speed. The following day after my wife went to work I went to the dealership and came home the new owner and then told my wife about it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Soccerluvr4 said:
Haha. Don't be envious dude. It's WAY better when you earn it yourself. Lot more pride in it that way.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Was driving a 93 pontiac grand prix and decided to buy a newer car for college. Was at the nissan lot looking at pickups and there was a white 02 v6 on the lot. Test drove it and fell in love. Drove it through college with the terminator vision stuck in my head. Year after I graduated I spent 8 months looking for the exact car I wanted. Sold the v6 to a friend shortly thereafter and a buddy called about selling his 7up. Bought it. Married my wife and inherited her 3 mustangs as well.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
redfire2003 said:
Was out shopping one evening with my wife, brother-in-law and his wife. Dropped the ladies off at the mall then my brother-in-law went around to different dealerships and there it was, a 2003 Mustang GT, 5 speed. The following day after my wife went to work I went to the dealership and came home the new owner and then told my wife about it.
At least if your wife leaves you your car won't :/

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Haha. Don't be envious dude. It's WAY better when you earn it yourself. Lot more pride in it that way.
I know, hopefully it will be some time in march when I find out which college I'm going to... I'm falling in love and planning my future with the car I don't even have yet lol

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Soccerluvr4 said:
I know, hopefully it will be some time in march when I find out which college I'm going to... I'm falling in love and planning my future with the car I don't even have yet lol
Lol better major in something good. Heard some guy spent 100k in college and cannot find a job. That why I'm going into business because that's a never dying thing :/. Currently a freshmen and 3 and a half more years to go. College and mustangs FTW!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Went clothes shopping and pulled up beside a ghig gt. I said, I must go to dealer and check this out! After jaw jacking with sales guy and him not taking me seriously, I requested the manager to make the sale. All I wanted was the 12 deals on the 13, and that's what I got.

I was 18 before I got my first car. Worked numerous fast food jobs to get my 93 GT. Worth four years of waiting!

15 years later, I'll say this one was definitely worth the wait!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Agree with you bro, it must be nice getting a car(mustang) from your parents. I could happily say i own a stang!!!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts