Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll. Haven't been here lately, been busy with school and work and crap, and had accident with my stang. But anyways, on to business. My tensioner pulley is making noise. Can it be replaced, easily, how and how much? Thanks. Oh, I like the new look.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Yes it can be replaced, it is attached to the A/C bracket. I saw one on ebay tonight. did you try and spray it with lubricant first

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I did. No effect. Still whines like a mother.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I had one go bad on the 86 V6 I had, it was eating freaking belts like crazy, ate like 3 new serpentine belts before I figured out what was wrong. I got one from a junk cougar no less and put it on there, it worked fine. Didn't cost me much at all and its not a real hard job. Took me maybe an hour or less.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I change mine this morning, the tensioner cost me $40 bucks but I had to get a HEX key socket T-55 another $3.50 to get the bolt out, it was tight as hell but I got it out and replace it, and now the other pulley the one on the top of the engine is starting to make noise only on high RPM's :(
I don't know what is going on, My vehicle has 36K and the bearings on the pulleys are starting to make noise. This supposed to be covered by warranty IMO.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
36K the warranty is gone isn't it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts