Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so here's my problem, since Super Bowl Sunday my 06 v6 vert has had this terrible squealing noise and I can't get it to stop. My dad has been pulling out all the cheap fix its that he can find that are probably hurting it more than helping it like belt conditioner on the belt and WD-40 inside the pullies, it makes it stop for a while but then every morning it seems to come back! I think something needs to be replaced but what?! Please help me make my stang sound normal again!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Alright so here's my problem, since Super Bowl Sunday my 06 v6 vert has had this terrible squealing noise and I can't get it to stop. My dad has been pulling out all the cheap fix its that he can find that are probably hurting it more than helping it like belt conditioner on the belt and WD-40 inside the pullies, it makes it stop for a while but then every morning it seems to come back! I think something needs to be replaced but what?! Please help me make my stang sound normal again!
Only does it in the morning?? And stops shortly after running for a bit?

·
Registered
74 Posts
check everything the belt runs-belt tensioner, a/c unit bearings, altenator bearings, water pump, power steering pump etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went ahead and changed the belt and cleaned all the pulleys with break cleaner and the sound is all gone, thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will definitely try it. I bought a new belt, belt tensioner and idler pulley, something is still squealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

1 - 12 of 12 Posts