Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many people this forum has in the path and wake of Harvey, but my prayers go out to you.

If you live in TX, or know someone there, let us know how things are.

If we need to, something tells me that we can come together as a group and help a few people in need.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has rained two to three days per week here all summer. My car has not been washed since Spring.

We have 5 days of rain lined up starting tonight. I am lucky that my part of GA hasn't seen flooding. That could be my car for sale. Lol

Then again; I live on a hill. There would need to be at least 100ft of flood water to reach me.

The downside is that I am not on top of that hill. At the moment my yard has empty patches of grass due to erosion. I have seen my yard under 3" of water several times this year. Sure, the water drains off within an hour at most, but it would suck if someone owned a house in the valley on my West side.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Sounds like me Revv, if it is flooding at my house Uncle Noah had better bring the big boat.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I am in houston/cypress area. Been at work everyday since she hit. My actual job is a mechanic for the light company. Centerpoint ect. All the big buckets and diggers and the rest of the fleet. They have us on 16 hour days. Untill everything is normal again. So 3 weeks maybe longer. It's bad out here. Didn't expect it to get this bad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,947 Posts
Good luck with it all Rap... yeah its supposed to be worse than Katrina as a storm... At least you'll be getting a metric ****ton of overtime.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rap, you're in my prayers. I have been in a few hurricanes, but nothing like what I am watching unfold on the weather channel. Thr storm is pingppnging off of the coast.

I have friends in New Orleans. They are getting a lot of rain as well. It is nasty.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I feel for everyone... I've lived in Florida my whole life... was 30 miles north of homestead for Andrew. Lucky it was a small, fast moving storm. Then I moved to central Florida in 2004... just in time for the hurricanes of 04... was with out power for over 6 weeks. I've seen my share of flooding from various tropical storms and all I have to say is omg with the Texas situation... I mean come on... it just sat on those poor people. My prayers to everyone.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...and at the moment I am watching fuel prices rise at a steady rate.

That is a huge sign of how hard TX has been hit.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm in Tomball, we stayed dry here, but a lot of folks around us weren't so fortunate. We have been doing our part to help out people with demoing their flooded homes.

·
Super Moderator
17,947 Posts
...and at the moment I am watching fuel prices rise at a steady rate.

That is a huge sign of how hard TX has been hit.
Gone up about 25 cents per gallon here. Good thing I just sold my truck lol.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I don't know what it at here. Still on 16 hours a day 7 days a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts