Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1721 - 1740 of 1908 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,722
Also you guys are in for a real treat tomorrow. I’m really looking forward at what’s coming.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,731
IMG_1380.JPG
IMG_1381.JPG
IMG_1383.JPG
IMG_1377.JPG
IMG_1379.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG
57 Golden Hawk, factory supercharged. Restored survivor, 55k original miles, original wheels and hub caps. We put a new exhaust system on it, all bent to factory specs according to our data. If anyone knows anything about Studebaker’s this is the big boy. If I recall correctly the official record is 147mph top speed in one them. Very fast. One thing that annoys me is I didn’t realize the center gauge is hidden by the steering wheel. It has a factory boost gauge. But it is a drop dead gorgeous car and easily in my top 5 favorite cars that have been at the shop. Very nice piece.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
789 Posts
These cars were way ahead of their time. A padded dash in 1957!. Look ash trays on the doors, Don't see ash trays anymore.
Look at the red thing behind the Hawk.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Most people associate the 1960's as being the beginning of the muscle car era, but there were a few cars built in the mid-late 50's that were the precursor to the 60's muscle cars.
The supercharged Golden Hawk was one of those cars. It would handily walk away from most of the cars of the day, including the Thunderbird, Corvette, and even the Chrysler 300B, which was basically a street legal NASCAR race car.

·
Premium Member
6,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,736
Is that one of the 40 or so Golden Hawks that came equipped with the "deluxe" interior Recon?

Does it have leather upholstery?

Very possible. I know it’s a 6 figure vehicle. The pinnacle of Studebaker.
There’s also a very rare 50’s supercharged Packard 4 door that comes to shows around here. That I would guess is as equally as rare, and valuable.

Pick your poison.

1721 - 1740 of 1908 Posts