Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1875 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,748
My Buddy’s 69 Mach 1. It’s a 302 Auto. Not the original engine due to them not offering the 302 for the Mach 1 in 69. So, I stated that he might as well covert it to Boss 302 specs, due to him saying he’s pretty set on keeping the 302 in it.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,750
IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1440.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_1442.JPG
The Studebaker made a return to the shop. For additional exhaust work. Manifold to exhaust pipe gaskets. There’s a possibility that the car will make an additional return for addressing the exhaust manifold gaskets. Slight leak. Anyway I took a few additional photos of the car as shown.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,751
Love this color so much. Pretty awesome that they brought back plum purple.

IG: @ ab_mach1
I adored the color when I got interested in classics. Now I’m burnt out on them due to being 10X as many plum crazy purple cars than actual production.

If that's the case, tell him to go with the Boss strips too. Could have them done just with vinyl. Easy to take off later.
He might consider that. We’re suppose to take the car to his building and I’ll see if he might make some custom Boss 302 Mach 1 decal stripe.

Nice 63 or 64 Riviera!
64 Barn find.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,753
IMG_1453.JPG
I’m pleased to inform everyone that my buddy has his baby back in his possession. This is the GT that I attempted to purchase 2 years ago. Anyway I personally did the service and inspection. She had a hard 2 years but she’s back in good hands. We’ll get back to her former glory in no time.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,754
IMG_1554.JPG
Current project that’s nearly done.
Sorry I haven’t been updating the thread. A lot of things have been happening.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,756
It’s out of an 80 911 SC Targa. Currently have close to 150 hours in it, including cleaning and painting. It’s the Champagne colored 911 in the background.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Do you guys split the cases and do the rebuilds in house? Or do you send the engines out to get rebuilt?

There was a 71 911 with turbo flares, fresh paint, and an early 3.0 turbo engine that needed to be rebuilt, for sale nearby a while back, which required complete reassembly affer a respray. It had most of the parts to build a pretty cool Outlaw Porsche Widowmaker.
I started looking into what it would cost to finish the car, and build the engine to 500ish hp, and well, let's just say that the parts cost significantly more than Mustang parts! :lol:
Maybe someday I'll get caught up with the current projects, and be able to seriously consider building a 911. I've always loved the air-cooled Porsche.

·
Premium Member
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,760
Do you guys split the cases and do the rebuilds in house? Or do you send the engines out to get rebuilt?

There was a 71 911 with turbo flares, fresh paint, and an early 3.0 turbo engine that needed to be rebuilt, for sale nearby a while back, which required complete reassembly affer a respray. It had most of the parts to build a pretty cool Outlaw Porsche Widowmaker.

I started looking into what it would cost to finish the car, and build the engine to 500ish hp, and well, let's just say that the parts cost significantly more than Mustang parts! :lol:

Maybe someday I'll get caught up with the current projects, and be able to seriously consider building a 911. I've always loved the air-cooled Porsche.

Yes, long block was sent to get checked at the machine shop that has my Mach engine. Other than that, tear down and assembly happened in house. My boss is very good with these air cooled Porsche engines.
It’s all factory specs but we did upgrade the timing system while we were in there.

Pick your poison.

1741 - 1760 of 1875 Posts